He Only Exists in Your Dreams | Teen Ink

He Only Exists in Your Dreams

By elali BRONZE, Bogota, Other
elali BRONZE, Bogota, Other

Hi my name is Emma, my close friends call me Emm, or Mema, I don’t have many of them well basically I only have two; Jessica and Jake, I met them in my ballet studio. Oh! Yeah, I love ballet, I live for it. I don’t do much just dance, read, eat, sleep, do my homework and I think that’s it. I also want to mention my father who is also one of my best friends.

It all started on October 15th of 2002, I think, at least that’s what I remember. When was going to my ballet classes, when I saw a man selling fruits. He was pretty cute so I decided to stop by.
“Hello” I said
“Hello!” he replied
“I’ve never seen you here…” I stopped for a second and looked at him, there was something familiar in his face… like if I had already seen hem before, like I guy I saw once upon a dream. “Well, nice to meet you” I finally said
“Nice to meet you too” he said with a strange look in his face, but with a pretty sweet smile.

I’m not very sure what had happened to me… first everything was so different maybe brighter, there were more lights in the streets, the buildings looked taller, people had mad gestures in their faces all the time and everyone was so busy in their own world.
Ahg! And talking about their own world… I was on mine to I couldn’t stop thinking about him, about the fruit seller guy. His pale face, with brown eyes, dark hair and big mouth, his eyebrows were perfect, he looked like a vampire movie star… he was only missing the sharped teeth and the desire for blood. He was that type of guy you only see once in a lifetime.
Since that day I always stopped in the same corner where I saw him selling fruit for the first time, and he was there, but not every single day, no, only on Mondays.
I think it was his fault that I started loving Mondays.

One month later, when the winter started, I decided that I needed to go and talk to him.
So there I was, just in front of him not knowing what to say…
“Do you have green apples?” I asked
“No, we only have red apples, would you like one or something?” he said
“No… I only like green apples, well green is my favorite color so… yeah I only like green fruits, well that does not make any sense, and now I’m just being kind off ridiculous right now ” and I quickly shut my mouth, I felt like my cheeks turned all red, and an awkward smile had drawn in my face.
He laughed, and said… “Well it actually makes sense because my favorite color is red, and I only eat red fruits”
“Are you serious?” I said really surprised
“No! I’m actually just joking with you I love all kinds of fruits” he said laughing at me  “you are really pretty” he said
“Thank you” if my cheeks were red before, they became even more reddish “but what’s your name?” I asked
“Travis”, he said
“Aren’t you going to ask me my name?” I said very confused
“No I’m not, I don’t need to know that right now, I’ll ask you the next time we see each other”. He said.
I looked at him with a confused look; the good news is that he wanted to see me again.
“See you then” I said, and then looked at the watch, I was running late for my ballet lessons. I started running.

While I ran everything started to vanish, my head was hurting and I was getting dizzy I remember people looking at me and then I passed away in the middle of the street. 

When I woke up, machines surrounded me; I didn’t understood what was happening… my dad was in front of me, crying.
“What, what happened dad, why I’m I here?” I said very confused.
“Oh! Baby you are here, you are back!”, he said very happy with tears in his face.
“I still don’t understand,” I said
“You had a car accident, and you’ve been here for ten days”, he said.
“Wait what? What day is it? When did that happen?” I said, I was about to cry, I felt so confused. 
“It happened the 1st of May, do you really don’t remember?” he said and now he looked even more confused than me.
I looked around, the news was playing on the radio, it said 10th of May of 1950s, and everything looked so different.
I felt so hurted, not just because I had a broken arm and a broken leg, or because I was under so many different medications, it was al because I think I had fallen in love with the guy of my dreams, and I was not going to be able to see him again.

I really like this piece, I think it has a lot of potential and is very interesting, it shows how many girls feel when we meet a guy that we like. 

I hope all of you enjoy reading this story as I did writting it andeading it over and over again.