Loving Elaina. | Teen Ink

Loving Elaina.

June 22, 2015
By TKZEE GOLD, Pietermaritsburg, Other
TKZEE GOLD, Pietermaritsburg, Other
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Today a future, tomorrow an emipre.



Her cherry lips felt like rose petals against mine. She felt warm against me. Everything felt alright, everything was good.  She was all I needed. Too bad the feeling was not mutual. 
Maybe it was the way she smiled, laughed, or just looked at me--but something attracted me towards Elaina Jennings. The way her hair smelled like fresh trees. The way her dark brown eyes held mystery and unguarded danger. Danger that I wanted, that I tasted every time we kissed. She was danger, my very own brand of heroin. My beautiful, scarred, and broken drug. I loved Elaina so much it hurt me. Too bad the feeling was not mutual.
I could lie here for ages just staring you, staring at your beauty; I simply adore you. And nothing can change that, even if you don’t feel the same way. Baby, I murmur to you and you giggle. Giggle at my hopelessness, at my love-struckness and I smile. I can’t help it, lying next to you while the Autumn leaves tumble around our bodies; the warmth our love provides me keeps me going. Loving you is heaven on earth. I pray no one takes you away from me.
The sun slowly descends into the ocean, the warm orange fades into the dark blue and the air whistles around us.  A beautiful image takes a hold of me: our fingers are entwined and I hold on for dear life.  I am mentally begging you not to go but I know you will. You go where your heart pleases, I wonder where it will be next; California? New York or maybe Paris? You love France.  I tug on your hand and stroke my bare knuckles, this is it. You are about to disappear into the dark like a lone wolf. The wind gets colder and I pull you closer to me. You shouldn’t go but within minutes you are gone. Too bad the feeling was not mutual.