He reminds me of a lot of things | Teen Ink

He reminds me of a lot of things

By starofmysky BRONZE, Independence, Minnesota
starofmysky BRONZE, Independence, Minnesota

I've fallen in love with places I've never been and people I've never met.

He reminded me of a lot of things.

He reminded me of the constellations because so much of him I already knew, but there was so much more left to learn. He reminded me of the constellations because of the thousand stars in them. He in his own way he was a star in the constellation of my life. Always there and shining even when I can't see it. I liked to say he was the only constant in my life, I always thought he'd be there.

His voice reminded me of home. Just the single sound of his voice brought me home.

He reminded me of a burning flame. He even shared his fire with me and with every word he spoke the fire spread across me until I had been completely engulfed in his flames. Every move he made sparked another fire somewhere else. He set fire to my entire world.

He reminded me of water. The water so refreshing and clean, it never felt wrong. But that put out the flames I so desperately loved. The water turned the burning flames to ashes and left me burnt. It was a dark time when the water overpowered the flames. Everything was dark and there wasn’t a colorful piece of me left. As quickly as he had set a dancing fire to me, he put it right back out.

He reminded me of the color white. White is part of almost every color. He reminds me that no matter how hard I try, that boy is always on my mind. I can’t run away from him, but maybe that’s just because my heart doesn’t want me to. He reminds of the white flag I wave as I forgive him for setting me to flames and then forcing them to die out. I never sadly wave that flag, I wave it happily because I know I’d do anything for him.

He reminded me of the rain. The rain that poured against rooftops and reminded people that through the darkened storm, they were still alive. He was proof that after the taming of the flames, I was still there and as was he. He would always be there after the fire, but I was the one to leave through it all. He reminds me that through it all, I’m still alive.

He reminded me of a lot of things, but then I realized that all those things reminded me of him.