Magnificent. | Teen Ink

Magnificent.

Little bullets that were falling from the sky, would hit her porcelain face. She had these eyes, one look and I was memorized by her beauty and well, she wasn't known for her balance, but she had grace when she would trip and fall. I was memorized every time.. When she opened her mouth these magical words would dance to a beautiful symphony called her voice. Dance right out of her soft pink lips as they moved.. I was memorized every time.
She wouldn't make sense and sometimes I was confused. That never mattered, because I was happy with her.
I told her I loved her, she said she loved me back.. My heart stopped.. Have you ever told someone you loved them and regretted it right after you let it slip out of your mouth? I have.. I shouldn’t have told her. She didn’t know.. well.. about me.. and my condition. We were young. I didn’t want to ruin it.. I couldn’t ruin it, not for her.
When you know your death date, you feel older than anyone; yet at the same time as young as a newborn baby.
I told her three days before my “see you later” would be a final “goodbye”. She was so angry.. Livid, at me, at the world, at herself for not figuring it out. She cursed me, said she hated me.. screaming “I thought you loved me! How could you!”. She stormed off into the rain. If theres one thing I learned over my years is to always go after the person you’re in love with. I went after her.. I grabbed her hand making her stop running away. A storm was forming around the town. It felt like it was just forming around us, as her angry tears began to fall. The rain was like little bullets hitting her sad face. She cried in my arms till the storm passed.
On my last day she was with me. She was all I had left, she knew it. Did you ever have a kiss that felt like it would last an eternity? I have.. Our pressed lips made me forget. Made me forget that it was all going to be over soon. Forget  about the needles in my arms, the tubes in my nose. Made me forget.
I told her I loved her, she said it back. I took my last gasp and whispered, with what I had left
“You’re magnificent.”. And then I left.
Now i’m at the gates of heaven, refusing to go it. And you, you took a seat next to me, listening to me. And I thank you. They’re opening now, the gates, you better go. Me? I’m waiting for someone who is magnificent.