Let Me Love | Teen Ink

Let Me Love

April 3, 2015
By ElsinorRavenwood PLATINUM, Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Other
ElsinorRavenwood PLATINUM, Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Other
20 articles 7 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"In Spain there was Guernica! But here, there was only hot swing music and liquor, dance halls, ban and movies, and sex that hung in the gloomlike a chandelier and flooded the world with brief, deceptive rainbows." ~Tom Wingfield, The Glass Menagerie


There is nothing that I may compare to the gorgeous sentiment of love and being loved and there is nothing I could ever do to show you I loved you except love you. I love you, I absolutely love you and there is nothing in the world that can change my mind. It is love that brings the universe into focus and love that shows us why the stars are beautiful and love that shows me why I need you near to me. It is the very love I hold for you that tells me not to listen to you and the very love I have that tells me to ignore my own feelings because they are not returned. I love but I am not loved and so ecstasy isn't fulfilled and there is little to no purpose in living. That is the opinion. Do not love without love. But I do! I live and I live and I love because I can love you and a thousand people and there is no reason for me not to indulge myself in the fantastical pleasure of loving someone who doesn't love me. I don't need you to love me when I can have half the ecstasy without the fear of losing the whole thing. There is no need for you to love me when I can have my own love inside my mind that causes no pain. No pain but all the bliss. Whether bliss is real or thought up makes no difference in the minds of people who feel the universe in their veins, makes no difference to the people who can sit alone in a room but speak to everyone who is there with them. The feeling of love is one that I know like the back of my hand and one that I pluck off of the branches of my mind to suck on like the sweetest strawberry of the season. I can live on love alone even if I live alone because love knows everyone even if I know no one. I love and I do it for you though I have no need for you. The fact that I love you is of no consequence to someone who is so high and mighty in the world such as yourself. I have no need of you except for the price of stolen glances at you. Those glances that reside in me, that I stole by force so I may be content to live alone. Love alone. I love you I do, but I do not need someone who does not love me. I can say I don't need you or like you or approve of you until I'm blue in the face but that won't change the fact that loving you would be a pleasure I would give myself up to if given the chance. So stop letting me talk. Come shut me up. Give me the chance to love with someone real.