Marriage, Divorce, and Marriage Again | Teen Ink

Marriage, Divorce, and Marriage Again

March 31, 2015
By VivelaRevolution BRONZE, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
VivelaRevolution BRONZE, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Marriage, Divorce, and Marriage Again

Miss. Jenson was getting on her average train ride to work. Usually she would at least be casual and fun loving, even with her about mundane life. Two weeks ago, however, gave her right to be full of sorrow. A  ten year marriage to her beloved husband ended with the sound of a bullet.
She was sobbing profusely, especially since none of her friends were able to come to the funeral; she no one’s shoulder to cry over, and was surrounded by all of her husbands friends. As she proceeded into the train she noticed that a certain character she always knew as a trouble-maker and back stabbing man was also getting on board; Mister Hendrich.
Mister Hendrich was the bane of the town of Leeworth He felt as if he had no obligations to anyone. He had an selfish and un-authoritarian lifestyle, always criticizing everything about everyone. Yet he wasn’t innocent of no crimes either. He had a wife by the name of Miss Elizabeth. They always debated, and were at each other’s throat for nearly everything from political issues to raising a family. Their marriage ended when he abused her. Afterwards an un-tragic divorce followed of which he even complained, “I should’ve divorced the b**** before I even married her”!
When everyone got on board on the olden model train, everyone found their seat. For Mister Hendrich there was no room in any cabin except for Miss Jensen’s. He slowly got in, seeing that she must’ve had a bad day. He sat at an opposite side from Miss Jensen. He didn’t know what to say other than, “I sorry but I noticed you seem to be crying. Can you cry to yourself?  it bothers me”? She looked at him with a sense of rebuttal and ignorance. Without overreacting she calmly said,”I can’t, I just lost my dear husband, and I don’t think I’ll find another one for quite some time”. Mister Hendrich took this as a lously insult a child would use to fake something he was hiding from his parents. He also shrugged at the corner and starting looking at window. Miss Jensen thought he was appalling to deal with and wanted to the train to get to London quicker.
As the train sped through the English countryside, the odd couple in the cabin, one a depressed widow, and a grumpy divorcee who couldn’t wait to get to his destination in London. As the time went by, Miss Jensens crying started to slow down to sniffles, and Mister Hendrich seemed to be more relieved as the sobbing started to die down. Just thirty minutes before they would reach their destination Miss Jensen remembered Mister Hendrichs sour mood when he ignored her soft accusation. So she simply said, “Why don’t you feel anything Mister Hendrich? Is it because you’ve always disagreed with everyone since childhood, or that they right when you’re wrong?” Mister Hendrich was outraged at her questions, but all he said was, “I don’t know what you’re talking madam” with a sour note with the madam. “You have always been demeaning and snobbish you shouldn’t have the right to live here”, Miss Jensen gave with a sudden outburst!
Mister Hendrich face reddened with a curious mixture of cowardice and anger and just right when he about to say another word, gunshots were sounding off! They both immediately looked out the room of the cabin and had faces full of shock and disbelief. Mister Hendrich said with a scent of fear, “They’re coming with semiautomatic pistols”. “There’re, theres more of them?”, Miss Jensens couldn’t help to notice. Miss Jensen could see in his face even though he always had a stern way of dealing with anything, now he looked like a horrible mess of a man. The robber came into the cabin and starting yelling, “all valuables in exchange for me not killing you both”!
As Mister Hendrich though afraid seemed to show some bravado in this situation. The robber shot him in the shoulder blades, and Miss Jensen screamed with terror, but however remembered something.  They were about to reach London and the thief wouldn’t want to caught by the police. So she shouted, “Look theres London town”! The criminal seemed to be dumb enough to take notice, and felt the full brunt of Miss Jensen’s fist on the back of his head. The robber got back on his feet and slapped Miss Jensen on the face. By the sound of the impact it would seem that her nose was hard enough for bones to be broken. Mister Hendrich with a new sense of duty and gratefulness now lunged with all his might at the attacker. The battle raged for a few seconds robber and passenger struggled for their lives. The effectiveness of the robber was matched by Mister Hendrichs aggressiveness. Then in one last moment before the attacker could bring about a final blow to the skull, Miss Jensen grabbed a blunt object and rammed it home to the robbers head; making him unconscious. Mister Hendrich looked in disbelief; realising he owed her his life he asked, “What can I offer as recompense for saving me”? Miss Jensen couldn’t think of anything except, “try to be nicer and more respectful of others Mister Hendrich”. Mister Hendrich thanked her as the train came to a halt at Paddington Station in London
The police came in, arrested the robber, and thanked the witnesses (Jensen and Hendrich) for apprehending the villain. As everyone got of the train, Miss Jensen and Mister Hendrich decided to take the same taxi to their destinations. When they got in the taxi Miss Jensen for the first time in a long time felt better than the bad week she has been having. Apparently happiness was contagious because Mister Hendrich gave a short grin of expression as he got in. Immediately as he got in he said, “Miss Jensen I just wanted to say that maybe I can be a better man, if we got of to a fresh start”. The Misses was on the same page and replied, “Alright then, I’m Miss Jensen, pleased to meet you”. “Mister Hendrich, the pleasure is all mine.” As the taxi drove them to their separate ways they talked, laughed, and thanked each other for their time as they got to work.
For the next few months they kept seeing each other and took the same train, same taxi, and the same harmony that must’ve been unleashed when they got together. On a bright and sunny day at the same train stop at Leeworth, Miss Jensen was waiting for the train ride with Mister Hendrich. When he came over to her he seemed more emotional than usual. Then she asked, “How you’re today Mister Hendrich” with a sweet tone of an angel. He said afterwards, “Perfect day, perfect weather, and I hope a perfect ending to it as well”. Perplexed at his statement Miss Jensen then noticed the train was about to depart, she said, “we better get on the train, and then you can tell me why you think today will have a perfect ending”.
The once odd couple got into the same cabin when they were almost robbed months before. After the train ride they got in a taxi  with Mister Hendrich respectfully letting her in first. “Buckingham Palace if you please”, Miss Jensen asked when she got into her seat. On a usual day Mister Hendrich would tell the taxi driver to go to the East End of London but today he said, “Same place she’s going”. For Miss Jensen this was odd. So she asked, “What business brings you Buckingham Palace today”? Mister seemed very happy today:, however,  He did have a perplexed face that made her know that something was going on. Then he said, “You’ll see”. What would Mister Hendrich do was indeed a mystery.
When they finally got out of the taxi Mister asked Miss Jensen to stay there for a second. Mister Hendrich’s face seemed twitchy and his eyes were only looking at her. She sensed something was going on so she asked,”What are you you’re doing exactly”? Mister Hendrich answered not with a reply but with a knee to the ground and holding her hands. Then he stated, “Ever since that one day on the train, and me getting to know the real you.”, and then continued “I’ve never seen anyone so loving and forgiving in my entire, especially since I never would in my past life deserve such attention.” Finally with the line that the Miss did expect, “Miss Jensen will you marry me”? Miss Jensen was overfilled with happiness and confusion at the same time. She knew everything about him now and he didn’t think anything like this would happen. However she did know that underneath his grizzly attitude was a cute teddy bear that just needed to be cuddled. Miss Jensen then answered with a yes.
The wedding took place a week later in a swanky style with the newlywed couple arranging this marvelous wedding for all their that could come. Everyone they knew was there and the place was packed with people all asking the same question, “How are they a couple?” All the guests were invited, the flowers glared in the sun, and doves were perching above for good measure. Miss Jensen and Mister Hendrich strolled to the podium for the final part of the ceremony. After saying I do to each other they kissed and went to start a new life together in holy matrimony.
The End