Your Eyes Shine | Teen Ink

Your Eyes Shine

By Aspasia BRONZE, HInsdale, Illinois
Aspasia BRONZE, HInsdale, Illinois

"Sometimes quiet is violent"

Your eyes shine. They're warm and big and I swear I could get lost in them and never find my way out. They pierce through my heart and I think that's why it beats a little faster when I see you. I never thought I’d see anything as clear and blue as the ocean but looking at your eyes I think the waves and the shore would be jealous of the way they sparkle. I’d go crazy without those eyes. I stare into them and you let me deep into your soul and I know exactly what you're feeling and I know we're thinking the same thing. Suddenly my hand is in yours and you glide your thumb lightly on the back of mine and I used to think butterflies only flew through fields and sat on flowers but now I feel them all at once in the pit of my stomach flying around and sitting on flowers. Your arms wrap tightly around my waist and before I can think my head buries itself in your chest and I hear thumps in my ear and feel your heart rate quicken like mine and I smile because I know it's beating all for me. Hot breath tickles the top of my head and sparks go through my veins like fireworks in the sky. They catch me off guard and I think I might die if you let go, but you don't. Familiar lips press against my forehead. They're soft and they linger up there for awhile. I inhale your cent like a drug and without saying a word you tell me everything is going to be okay and for once in my life I believe it. I never knew what made me happy and I never knew where I belonged but right here engulfed in your arms and your soft lips and your shiny eyes I know it's got to be with you.