Things I Never Said | Teen Ink

Things I Never Said

By Wolfira PLATINUM, Evansville, Wisconsin
Wolfira PLATINUM, Evansville, Wisconsin

Dear my favorite mistake, 

What happened? Like seriously, what did I ever do wrong? You just dropped me one day without reason. Well, not without reason. But saying that I "look at you weird' is hardly a reason. So I don't understand. It's been over three months now and a few guys and it still bugs me. I really cared about you. You said that you felt the same. So I don't understand why you changed your mind. And I guess you're allowed to have your reasons and you don't have to tell me. You're obviously allowed to have your secrets. I guess what I'm asking is that you tell me what the reason was. I wish you would. But of course you don't have to.

Do you remember when we were in my basement that Sunday, kissing while my parents were away?  You told me something. I didn't get it at first but I get it now. You said, "I don't know what it is but there's just something about you that makes me want to kiss you all the time". I felt that too. Maybe I'm just an idiot but I've done everything I can to get over you. I mean, as my friends constantly remind me, it was only one weekend. I couldn't possibly care that much about you. Yet my feelings still linger. I don't understand. I've tried to move on with other guys. But it feels like there is something missing. But whatever it is, I felt it when I was with you.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I haven't been quite the same since you when it comes to other guys since you. And I think that I'lll go back to normal if I knew why you just kind of changed your mind about us. I could be totally wrong but I don't think it could do any harm to know why we ended the way we did. Maybe we could even go back to being friends? Or maybe I'm just an idiot and I need to just work harder to forget everything. But I guess I'll never know unless I ask you.

I saw that you got a tattoo. Someone who wrestles with you posted a pic of a bunch of you guys and I noticed it. For some reason that really made me miss you. Cause like, we had talked about getting tattoos and stuff. It made me sad that you didn't tell me about it. Then I remembered that we weren't really talking. Do you hate me? I've never been ignored by someone so much. It hurts. I guess if nothing else comes out of this then I just want to say that I don't hate you. And I'm sorry if it ever seemed that way. And I'm sorry for how things went down. But I'm not sorry for what we were. It made me really happy. I hope it made you happy too.

~Your favorite fool