Sweet Revenge | Teen Ink

Sweet Revenge

By Max Enger BRONZE, Woodland Park, Colorado
Max Enger BRONZE, Woodland Park, Colorado

Sweet Revenge.
Act one.

Dramatis Persona:

Elaine: Dating Morgan, part of the power couple. Her Best friend is Kaliegh.

Neko: The school jock looking to hook up with girls. Best friends with Morgan.

Kaliegh: Unpopular girl, secretly in love with Neko. Her best friend is Elaine.

Morgan: Dating Elaine. Best friends with Neko.

Melanie: A once sweet girl who was double-crossed years ago yet still desires revenge on Elaine and Morgan.

Tiffany: Melanie’s befriend and also accomplice.

Jesse: Friends of everything, has a very large mouth.

Mrs. Verbeck:  The entire characters homeroom teacher who also is the schools Counselor.

Scene One

It’s the second week of fourth quarter. Elaine and Kaliegh are having a sleepover at Elaine’s house painting their nails.

Elaine…“Those Juniors and their stupid donut sales need to make sure we get the best senior prom ever.”

Kayliegh…” Right…We put on a great prom last year. We deserve this.”

Elaine… “I heard it might have to be at the high school because of the Administration.”

Kayliegh…“Really? That sounds so awful, but we should at least get a good group together.”

Elaine…“ Well I know Morgan wants to go with some of his friends, but we should get all of our friends together and make a big group.”

Kaliegh…“Aw you guys are so adorable! I’m going to vote for you guys for prom Royalty.  I don’t know anybody who wouldn’t want you guys win it.”

Elaine…“ Yeah I know, that would be like so cool. Like we got it last year so it would like be awesome to get it again this year.”

Kayliegh…“I know you guys will! There are like no other good couples in our class.”

Elaine… “ I’m not worrying about it too much I guess. So who do we want in our group? I feel like we should just have couples, and maybe we can like get a limo or something.”

Kayliegh… “That sounds good, but I don’t have a date!”

Elaine…“Well who would you want to go with?”

Kayliegh…“Like I don’t know, I think Neko is super cute and like nice, but  I don’t think he would ever go for me though.”

Elaine…“Why wouldn’t he? Don’t be ridiculous Kaliegh. Then Morgan and I and you and Neko could all go together! It would be like the greatest best friend duo for prom ever!”

Kayliegh… “ Yeah, but how would I get the hottest guy in our school to like me? Like so many girls go for him and I’m nothing special.”

Elaine… “ Oh what ever Kaliegh. You are gorgeous girl. I’ll talk to Morgan and see if he could talk to Neko about it. They are going to hangout at the party coming up so he can talk to him then. Don’t worry, we can make it work.”

Kayliegh…“ Okay well just make sure Morgan knows not to say my name, I don’t want him to think I’m obsessed with him or something.”

Scene Two

Back at school, Kayliegh and Elaine walk by Mrs. Verbecks class giggling in a high-pitched tone. Tiffany and Melanie, who used to hang out with them, sat inside Mrs. Verbecks class as they walked by thinking about her hatred for them.

Kayliegh… “ Haha I totally know! I love that dress! Anything else for the Prom queen just surely wouldn’t do! Hahahaha!”

Elaine…“ Hahaha oh my gosh Kayleigh, be quiet!”

• Kayleigh and Elaine walk past the door of Mrs. Verbecks class and leave the scene.

Tiffany…“Oh only the best for the queen priss, my god they get on my nerves sometimes.”

Melanie… “Seriously, they just drive me insane. They go around trying to get people to vote for them for prom!  Someone else better win the prom king and queen or I’ll kill myself. “

Tiffany…“I feel you.  But literally Morgan and Elaine are like the ultimate power couple and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. He is the captain of the basketball team and she is the cheer captain. They are literally the perfect couple in the books.”

Melanie… “They just sicken me. Then there is Kayleigh who is just Elaine’s little puppy dog; all they strive for is popularity. If only something would happen to them. Hmm.”

Tiffany…“ They are like totally in love, what do you think would separate those two?”

• Teegan walks over to Tiffany and Melanie from across the room

Teegan… “You guys coming to Morgan’s party this Friday?”

Melanie… “I don’t know, I haven’t heard anything yet, is he throwing something?”

Teegan…“Yeah! It’s going to be great! We wanted one last Friday night get together before Prom. It’s going to be a great weekend!”

Tiffany…“ Yeah! That sounds so.”

• Melanie interrupts Tiffany

Melanie… “Yeah we will think about it, you know we have a lot of things to go to tomorrow.”

Teegan…“Oh, well I hope to see you guys there its going to be awesome!”

• Teegan exits the scene and goes back to his desk across the room.

Melanie…“ There it is, we have to go to that party! God I’m such a genius.”

Tiffany…“Yeah I said we should go…’

• Melanie again interrupts Tiffany

Melanie… “Yeah okay whatever, Teegan wouldn’t of come over here if it wasn’t for me.”

Tiffany…“Yeah okay then Melanie.’’

Scene Three.

Enter Jesse, Teegan, Elaine, Kaliegh, Neko, Tiffany, and Morgan.

Neko…“ Dude this party ROCKS. Thank you so much for the invite man.”

Teegan… ”Anytime man, lets go grab a drink.”

• Over in the corner Melanie and Tiffany mingle suspiciously.

Tiffany… “Now is the perfect time to go after Morgan.”

Melanie…” Lets take him down.”

• Tiffany walks over to Morgan.

Tiffany…“Hey baby, lets go get some drinks.”

Morgan...” I don’t know… I should go check on Elaine.”

Tiffany...” Come on, please. It will be fun, I promise baby.”

• She caresses his chest.

Morgan… “ Okay fine. Lets Go.”

Tiffany… ” Lets start with a five count, show me what you got hot stuff”

Morgan…” Lets race baby.”

• They finish their drinks and begin to kiss.

Tiffany… “Lets make this more interesting. Do you have any place we can go?”

Morgan….” My parents room is always open, but only for special guests.”

• They make their way upstairs to Morgan’s parent’s room and begin the fun.

• Meanwhile Elaine and Melanie talk downstairs.

Elaine…” Have you seen Morgan lately?”

Melanie…” I actually saw him walk up the stairs earlier.”

Elaine…” Hmm that’s weird, why did he go up there?”

Melanie…” I’m not sure, maybe to freshen up a bit. Maybe you should go check up on him.”

• Elaine then walks up stairs and opens the door to Morgan’s parent’s room.

Elaine…” Oh My God! Morgan?“

Morgan…” Elaine, wait! Please! ”

• Elaine runs down the stairs and out the door sobbing.

Scene four.

Everyone is whispering in the cafeteria about the break in the power couple. They aren’t sure who to vote for, since they were going to be King and Queen.  Neko and Kayliegh sit together and cant keep their hands off each other.

Kayliegh… “Haha oh Neko you are so funny I love you so much.”

Neko... “Kayliegh, you are my world, you look beautiful today…
And every day for that matter.”

• Kayliegh and Neko begin to passionately kiss in the crowded cafeteria.

• Enter Morgan and Jesse and Tiffany and Ella.

Morgan… (With tears in his eyes) “I screwed up bro. I shouldn’t have done that with Tiffany, but is she was so hot.”

Jesse…“Yeah I understand man.  Being with one girl for over a year is tough. Hormones suck.”

Morgan… “Yeah I know. I wish it wasn’t so hard.”

Jesse… “What was hard?”

Morgan…“This break up.”

Jesse…“What do you mean?”

Morgan…“I love Elaine.  I’m scared to be without her.”

Jesse… “Yeah I know what you mean, but you still need to move on.  She was a jerk to you. She just doesn’t understand.”

Morgan…“How is she?”

Jesse… “She’s fine, but there is something you need to know…Morgan, she cheated on you about two weeks ago.”

Morgan…“Are you serious? She wouldn’t do that. With Who? She is such a hypocrite!”

Jesse…“She hooked up with Melanie’s brother Nick. Melanie just told me about it yesterday during English. I thought you should. At least you can pursue Tiffany, she would be a hot date to prom.”

Morgan…“I knew they did something together! I hate her! I’m going to talk to Tiffany right now.”

• Morgan then leaves to go talk to Tiffany.

Morgan…“Hey hottie.” (Says seductively)

Tiffany…“Oh hey sexy, I missed you. I didn’t think I would be seeing you any time soon with the whole, um, accidental walk in.”

Morgan…“How could I keep from talking to you after such a great night?”

• Jesse goes to every lunch table telling them about the new gossip.

Jesse… “Guys, Morgan is totally hitting on Tiffany and they are a thing now. We should totally make them King and Queen now dudes!”

Neko… “Sounds great to me! Id love to have Tiffany in our group instead of Elaine.”

Teegan…“Yeah, but just look at Elaine over there crying to herself.  She didn’t do anything wrong, but what eves man. I guess they would would be an awesome Royalty crew!”

Scene 5

The scene opens up at prom; Jesse is walking around spreading the news that Morgan and Tiffany are the new power couple. Mrs. Verbeck over hears of the recent drama and decides to go talk to Morgan about her concerns for the evening.

• Enter Jesse, and random people.

Jesse…“Everyone go vote for Tiffany and Morgan for Prom King and Queen!”

Random people…“That doesn’t sound like a bad idea.”

• Enter Mrs. Verbeck

• Mrs. Verbeck over hears what Jesse is telling everyone and is concerned with the drama unfolding within the group of friends.

Mrs. Verbeck…”What are Morgan and Tiffany thinking? This whole situation is very inappropriate.”

• Mrs. Verbeck makes her way to Morgan and Tiffany as they are getting some punch

Mrs. Verbeck… “Morgan, Tiffany, may I please have a word with you two for a moment?

Morgan… “Mrs. Verbeck? Is something wrong?”

Mrs. Verbeck…  “Yes actually. Its come to my attention that there has been drama which is affecting some students. I came over here to talk to you about the situation that happened the other night with Elaine. This whole situation, I feel, is very inappropriate, regarding the circumstances.  Do you have any plan for if you and Elaine do become royalty?  I don’t want it to become an uncomfortable situation and ruin your Senior Prom.”

Morgan…”But you don’t understand what Elaine did, or who she really is. She cheated on me, and hid it from me. She expected me to just forgive her? I don’t think so.”

Tiffany… “Plus, Morgan is so hot. I couldn’t resist his hot body.”

Mrs. Verbeck… “ I did not need to know that… Anyways…Children should not be having sexual relations with each other.  It’s unwise, and dangerous. I think it would be wise if you both apologize to Elaine.”

Morgan… “We understand. We will be safe, Mrs. Verbeck. We promise. I’m just trying to avoid her. I’m am still hurt.”
• Morgan and Tiffany leave to go dance to “Yeah!” by Usher.
• While dancing Elaine approaches Morgan while he is getting Tiffany some punch.

Elaine… “Can I talk to you for a sec Morgan.”

Morgan… “Umm sure, what about?”

Elaine… “I’m just worried that we are going to get Royalty together and I don’t want it to be awkward. Even though you messed up our relationship with that floozy girl, I will forget about it, but only for tonight.”

Morgan… “ Whoa there! Did you think I wouldn’t find out? You have done the same thing so don’t act like you are the victim. Yeah I know what you did with Melanie’s brother! Then you acted like everything was fine and I didn’t even know and you were going to leave it that way! You are the one that messed up Elaine! If I get Royalty with you I wont accept it. I don’t want to be associated with you ever again!”

• While the conversation is going on, they both are naïve that the spotlight is on them and everyone is watching and listening.

Announcer… “Um, I said, Tiffany and Morgan will be Senior Prom Royalty.”

• Morgan looks back to Elaine with a smirk.

Morgan…. “Well it looks like it’s my lucky day, I don’t ever have to associate with you again. Deuces b*tch.”

• Morgan goes to join Tiffany on the dance floor.

Tiffany… “ Well, does this make us a thing now?”

Morgan… “I would love that, beautiful.”

• He kisses her passionately in the middle of the dance floor next to Neko and Kayliegh while they kiss.

A stereotypical valley highschool, facing drama which destroys friends.