You Don't Always Live Once | Teen Ink

You Don't Always Live Once

By CatherineAmes BRONZE, Delmar, New York
CatherineAmes BRONZE, Delmar, New York

"She is delightfully chaotic; a beautiful mess. Loving her is a splendid adventure." -S. Maraboli

I have never understood the phrase “YOLO.” If you're about to explain to me that it stands for “You Only Live Once,” please refrain from doing so. See, I do get what it means, I just don’t believe it’s true. I believe that in our short span of life, we don’t only live once, but that we live billions of different lives. Think for a second about that girl that just told you she cheated off her best friend for a good grade on a science test or that boy that just told you that his sister is getting married. You have now heard their stories, gained their experiences and journeys and you have lived two more lives along with your own. Not even that though, imagine every book, movie and show you have ever seen, you have heard their stories as well, another life lived. We meet people, real or factual and they shape who and what we are as humans today. My darlings, you will never “only live once.” You will live a lifetime filled with lifetimes and I will too.

Okay well, this isn't really a romance story, but more of a snippet from a could be future book in the works. Have Fun;)

CatherineAmes BRONZE, Delmar, New York

I absolutly love Doctor Who and I guess it sorta did inspire me to write this

LeonardoLong7 SILVER, Roseville, California
Reminded me of that Doctor Who quote: "We are all different people in our lives, always changing, always moving. And that's good. We must always change. What's important is never forgetting who we were."