You Don't Always Live Once | Teen Ink

You Don't Always Live Once

October 21, 2014
By CatherineAmes BRONZE, Delmar, New York
CatherineAmes BRONZE, Delmar, New York
2 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"She is delightfully chaotic; a beautiful mess. Loving her is a splendid adventure." -S. Maraboli


I have never understood the phrase “YOLO.” If you're about to explain to me that it stands for “You Only Live Once,” please refrain from doing so. See, I do get what it means, I just don’t believe it’s true. I believe that in our short span of life, we don’t only live once, but that we live billions of different lives. Think for a second about that girl that just told you she cheated off her best friend for a good grade on a science test or that boy that just told you that his sister is getting married. You have now heard their stories, gained their experiences and journeys and you have lived two more lives along with your own. Not even that though, imagine every book, movie and show you have ever seen, you have heard their stories as well, another life lived. We meet people, real or factual and they shape who and what we are as humans today. My darlings, you will never “only live once.” You will live a lifetime filled with lifetimes and I will too.


The author's comments:

Okay well, this isn't really a romance story, but more of a snippet from a could be future book in the works. Have Fun;)