Lisa Morgan | Teen Ink

Lisa Morgan

October 17, 2014
By Anonymous

She was freshman- alone and afraid. Her name was Lisa Morgan, the only person she had was herself and her little brother Damian who was a year old, and that little boy meant the world to her. Her mom had died when she was 12 years old and her dad wasn't very understanding. She had no friends, and she was very insecure about herself.  When her mother died she practically had to raise Damian herself. She was quiet almost as if she  excluded herself from the world.


Everyday she stuck to her routine. She took Damian to the babysitter, and she went to Lincoln High School, in a t-shirt of 5 Seconds of Summer, some skinnies, and gray Converse. She sat in class staring at her phone, it was all she had to distract herself. She was too shy to raise her hand in class so she stayed quiet even when she was confused. She walked down the hall to her next class and people called her names. She was bullied, but she ignored them. She knew that if she gave in, she would be even more depressed than she already was, so she just kept on walking. As soon as school was over she went to pick Damian up. The they walked home. When they got home she made food for her little brother and herself, her dad was never home. She finished cleaning. She swept,  went to her room, did her homework, and when she was done, she listened to music.
That routine kept going on and on for about 2 months. Then on a Wednesday she was going to her 2nd hour class and then she saw him. In through the doors of Lincoln High came in the new exchange student. He walked into the office and she had no choice but to go to class. During lunch he was wandering around looking who to sit with. He saw her sitting there alone, he walked up to her table and asked her if he could sit by her. She said, "Yea, I guess..." Then he introduced himself, his name was Dillon Court. She told him her name, and then made the moment awkward so  they just started eating then the bell rang. She went to stand up and he said, "So I'll meet you here tomorrow?" With a gentle smile, she started blushing and said, "Uhh yea I guess." They stood up and she walked away. The rest of her day went as expected, except for the fact that she couldn't stop thinking about Dillon.


The next day she was surprisingly excited for school! She got to see Dillon. She couldn't wait to get to lunch. So Lisa went to her first hour and was surprised to see Dillon sitting in the desk in front of her. She was shocked. She went to sit down and his manly musk caught her attention. She stared at the back of his head for the rest of the class period. She couldn't help it, his flawless chestnut hair with amber highlights, it was gorgeous. In her head she thought, “Wow. Even the back of his head is attractive.” All she could think about was, “What am I gonna say at lunch?” She got through second, third, and fourth hour. (Barely.) After fourth hour, her legs went numb. She knew it was time for lunch and she didn't know what she was gonna do. She went through the salad bar and sat down at her usual spot. Then in came Dillon. Her legs went numb once again, and she felt her face go red. Dillon was done getting his lunch and was walking toward her. He sat down and looked at her. He just adored her. He said nothing, and just sat there staring at her, like there was nothing, or no one else in the world. She saw him staring at her and she started blushing. She said “What?!” he said, “Nothing. I just think you are very beautiful.” At that point she literally almost yelled, “I LOVE YOU!!” but  she held back. She tried to calm herself. Lisa just awkwardly said, “Thank you?” Dillon looked at her funny and asked her, “Why does it feel like you don’t agree with me?” She replied, “Well, not really because no one has ever said that to me.” He looked surprised as if it was too crazy to believe. He said with a voice as if he didn't believe her, “Really?! Has anyone seen your face you are GORGEOUS! Those beautiful blue eyes, the long dark flawless hair, and the big pink lips. You are beautiful.” She just sat there astonished, she thought he was the craziest man on the earth. She said with no emotion on her face, “I... don’t... believe... you.” He looked at her again, his face looked sad and he seemed like he had just lost a battle. He said with the most seriousness in the world “Believe it.” The bell rang, so Lisa had no time to respond. She walked off. She actually kind of felt appreciated. Her fifth hour she didn't really have much to do so she took out her notebook and started drawing hearts, and inside of them she wrote “I LOVE DILLON COURT” Before she knew it, it was the end of the day. She went home and got started in to her routine, day dreaming about Dillon.


The next day and three months after that was the same thing they argued about how pretty Lisa was and so on. They got closer and closer, they started making inside jokes and she felt comfortable around him. Their friendship grew into an inseparable bond.  They laughed together (and at each other of course) they definitely did not, could not, stay mad at each other. Dillon met Lisa’s little brother and Lisa met Dillon’s family. They hung out for most of the day studying and playing around while taking care of Damian of course. Their bond it grew, and Dillon started realizing how even more and more beautiful Lisa was. Not only on the inside, but on the outside too. Dillon wasn't the only one Lisa started noticing how cute Dillon’s laugh was and the fact that he had dimples too (which makes guys even cuter.) The both of them started falling for each other, they started noticing little, tiny details about each other. They acted like best friends, but they both knew... they were so much more.