Alone | Teen Ink

Alone

October 17, 2014
By Anonymous

"I can't do this anymore," he shouts. It's raining so I can barely understand him. "What," I shout back, moving closer to him. "I can't do this anymore," he signs, "I'm not in love with you. I never was." My heart sinks to my stomach... We're standing in the pouring rain. He should be kissing me not leaving me. I focus on the ground, unsure how to respond. "Oh," is all I manage. "I'm sorry," he says before turning away.

 

That's it? After three years, this is how it's going to end? No, I did not spend three years putting up with him, taking him back each time he dumped me, crying for days or weeks until he crawled back to me. "That's it," I shout angry, "You're just walking away? You aren't going to fight?" He looks back at me, "No." My anger takes over, "Fine! Walk away, but don't expect me to take you back again! I'm done! I'm so sick of never being enough for you! Good luck finding a girl that's dumb enough to put up with your crap Scott!" I turn away. "I said I was sorry," Scott shouts to me. I look at him, tears running down my face, "Because sorry is going to make me feel better?" "I don't know," he glances at the ground. I walk away, tired of everything. "Ellie," I hear Scott yell, but I keep walking.

 

I arrive home. The house is empty and I realize I'm alone. I'm always alone. I take off my soaked clothes and turn on the shower. I wash my hair before reality hits me in the face...hard. He's gone... And I wasn't even worth the fight. The tears build up in my eyes. Finally, pouring out, I sink to the bottom of the shower, sobbing. I've never felt so alone...


The author's comments:

I've always wanted something romantic to happen to me in the rain. Like it's pouring down on you and the guy you've loved since forth grade. You two are standing there, in the street, not even caring how wet you both are.Then, he just kisses you. It's passionate, soft, and sweet, but also strong and breathtaking. It's one of those kisses that makes you warm and fuzzy inside. You get all happy and can't seem to get him or the kiss out of your head. I've never had this... So instead of writing something romantic in the rain, I wrote something tragic in the rain. I guess it all goes back to the one guy I gave my everything too and he just walked away. The end paragraph is how I felt afterwards... I don't know what I want others to interpert from this short story. I just took all the aching and breaking and put it into something. I know some could relate to this or some could of had this happen to them, but the only point I can make from this is, you will never know how badly your words have crushed someone until someone else's words crush you...