High School Crush Turned More | Teen Ink

High School Crush Turned More

By Robez2015 PLATINUM, Centerville, Iowa
Robez2015 PLATINUM, Centerville, Iowa

"Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game"- Sam Montgomery from A Cinderella Story.

Hello, I’m Brooklyn. I go to Centerville High School, where a lot of the girls have no self respect or common sense. I, on the other hand, am completely different from the rest of them. I think a girl should be judged on her personality and brains, not her looks because looks fade with time. I’m smart but I’m very worried about college because I messed up first semester of my junior year. When I’m at school I feel invisible, just drifting through the halls. I wear a very light perfume because all the other girls drench themselves it, so I don’t want to add too much to the stench. I also wear very little make up, and clothes that cover me yet show me off in a positive way. When it comes to guys at my school I seriously feel like the black plague.
One day I was walking down the hall to my locker and I saw Justin, the hottest guy in school. He looked up at me and I turned away because I felt my cheeks getting hot. He started walking towards me so I just opened my locker and acted like I was getting/ putting away books. He leaned up against the locker next to mine and said, “Hey, I’m Justin”. “Brooklyn”, I said trying not to look into his eyes. He’s been in my class for eleven years and now he decides to talk to me, oh well at least he’s talking to me. I finally looked up at him and he had his eyes closed, breathing deeply as if breathing in my scent of fresh rain forest. I just had to ask him, “Are you ok?” “Uh, yea I’m fine”, he said realizing I noticed him smelling me. “I’m sorry if my perfume is too strong”, I said even though I knew this wasn't the case. “Oh no it smells great”, he said looking horrified like he’d offended me. “I know, I’m just kidding”, I said closing my locker with a slight chuckle. I started walking to my class when I realized he was walking with me and finally he said, “I was wondering if you would maybe want to wear my jersey on Friday.” I turned and looked at him, he was blushing. In return I blushed and said, “Um sure but don’t the players girlfriends wear their jersey.” “Well, I don’t have a girlfriend so will you”, he asked. “Definitely”, I said while walking to my class hoping he couldn't see my face because I blushed even deeper.

I walked into class and my friend Gabby asks, “What’s got you so hot.” Oh my god she actually noticed that my face was bright red. I mean gabby is a great friend but she doesn’t really ever pay attention to me, except in the situations where she knows she can get information from me. “Nothing, just leave it alone or I might blush more”, I said blushing even deeper. “This is about a guy, it has to be”, she said poking at me. I swatted her hands away trying not to smile. “Who is it, tell me”, she demanded. “If I tell you why I’m blushing you have to promise to drop the subject”, I said in a serious tone. “I Promise”, she reassured me. “Justin asked me to wear his jersey this Friday”, I said after taking a deep breath. “OMG, he asked you to wear his jersey, that’s like asking you to be his girlfriend”, she squealed. “I know,  it was really sweet though he was blushing when he asked”, I said gushing to her every word and detail of the conversation.  “Aww, that’s so sweet”, she said smiling like a goofball.  “I know, but what if he’s just messing with me and he really is going to give it to some other girl, I would be so crushed”, I said realizing it and I could feel my face draining of all color. “What’s wrong”, Gabby asked. Just then I asked to go to the bathroom, gabby came too. I threw up everything in my stomach I possibly could. Even then I still didn't feel any better but I told Gabby not to tell because if she did the office would send me home.
I returned back to class after getting a drink. The teacher asked me, “Are you alright.” I just told the teacher I was fine, then sat down and laid my head on the desk. After that class I walked out and Justin was standing there waiting for me. “What are you doing”, I asked curiously. “I’m going to walk you to your next class”, he said and linked his arm with mine. He walked me to choir and said, “this is a really small class.” “Yea well we can’t get enough guys to sign up for it so it’s almost all girls then a few really good guys and a couple tone-deaf guys”, I said. “Maybe I’ll try out”, he said grinning then walked me in. “Miss Durley, I would like to audition for choir”, He said as he walked me in. “Alright come by after school today and I’ll let you audition”, she said smiling real wide.
After the class I walked out and there he was, Justin waiting for me.  He then walked me to art, which is my eighth hour class. He had eighth hour off so he came into art and watched me work on my project. Mrs. Marcussen wasn’t too happy but Justin promised her he would be good. So he sat there quietly watching me. When the bell rang I took my stuff out to car and Justin followed. After I got all my stuff in I turned to say something to Justin and was interrupted by lips firmly pressing against mine. Oh my god he was kissing me, the man of my dreams was kissing me. It was like a dream, only when I opened my eyes he was still there. “Well, that was …”, I said. “Look Brooklyn I really like you, would you be my girlfriend”, he said looking a little sad like I would say no. “Of course I will”, I said hardly able to contain myself.
That’s what our relationship was like, always caring and surprising each other. We stayed together through the summer and the first semester of college but broke up because we hardly ever go to see each other because we both went to different colleges and were always busy. So my love story didn't turn out to be long lasting, but it was a lovely love.           

Preferences

§

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

0

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

,

.

/

shift

English

alt

alt

Preferences