Deceit | Teen Ink

Deceit

By TKZEE GOLD, Pietermaritsburg, Other
TKZEE GOLD, Pietermaritsburg, Other

Today a future, tomorrow an emipre.

Deceit.
Within every man is the desire to win.
Popular vs. Popular.
Chapter 1.
Summer is the best season ever, especially in California. Summer in the Smith house is always a festive affair; with that said so is it a deadly one. This summer might just be one hell of a party for sisters Kelly and Kimberly Smith. The Smith sisters, everyone who is someone knows the Smith sisters and loves them. I mean how could you not? With their long brown hair that is treated every second week at Mason Beauty Parlor, their perfectly shaped almond green eyes and red luscious lips and their chocolate colored skin. These two teens are the epitome of African American beauty. And a prime example of wealthy parents and the oh so fabulous life of L.A, parties every night, adoring friends and family and Gucci shopping sprees. These two are living the life but behind all the glam and the life of the elite is the ugly side of it all and boy is it ugly, with everyone wanting to get to the top; no one is safe. So much for sisterly love, like they say blood is thicker than water.

Two more hours and it's the beginning of summer, Kimberly Smith counted down the hours before the end of the year and the beginning of parties, sun and sexy boys. Two more hours of maths and then she was out of here; Mr Wembley, her maths teacher was droning on and on about the importance of maths and how calculus was supposedly going to help them in life. Kim doubted that, most of the kids here weren't going to need maths in their lives since they were going to live of daddy's riches. She looked around her and noticed no one was paying attention, some were sleeping while others texted furiously on their smartphones. Why did he even bother? Mr Wembley knew that when it was summer break most of the kids had their minds else where, the bell for the first one hour lesson rang and Kimberly danced in her seat. One more hour of this nightmare, "Hey Kim, what you up to next week?"Someone asked her. Kimberly knew that deep voice from anywhere, it was Shawn. Her soon to be ex-boyfriend, Kim turned slowly and smiled at him. At 6' foot, he was the height most girls desired, he had dark and sandy brown hair with a tan most guys would kill for. Kim and Shawn had been going out for more than a year, they were made for each other; well that's what everyone said but you know what they say don't trust anyone in California about love issues. Kim did really like Shawn and visa versa but lately everything had been not so cheery and loved up, for starters Kim caught Shawn making out with her older sister Kelly in their gazebo area when the sisters had decided to throw a pre- summer party. Of course Kim was pissed, this was the third guy Kelly had gotten her perfectly manicured claws on that Kim was dating but after another one of their infamous cat fights the sisters made up and all was back to normal, well mostly. Kim still hadn't forgiven Shawn but being the good actress she was, she smiled and let bygones be bygones. Until now. She smiled sweetly at Shawn, "Anywhere that you aren't at."She whispered, but loud enough that everyone heard her angelic voice, Shawn was taken aback; "What are you saying?"Shawn asked dumbly. Her smile faltered, what did she ever see in this boy? "What I'm saying is don't ever speak, look or even think about me ever again, we are over Shawn." And with that she gave him one of her most stunning smiles, flipping her long hair back she faced towards the board and tried to concentrate for the last half an hour of the lesson. Shawn was in shock, never in his sixteen years of age had a girl broken up with him. But this was no ordinary girl, this was Kimberly Smith and when Kim said you were over, you were over in every sense. You didn't break a Smith girl's heart and expect to get away with it. The humiliation in the class was just the beginning. Shawn Mason, knew he was done for, he was no longer going to be Shawn 'Mr. Hotstuff' Mason. The cool crew was going to shun him and make his life a living hell. He was sure of that.

Kelly was painting her nails a sparkly gold, it was a new Coco Channel nail polish that wasn't out yet but her dad being the executive manager of Starr cosmetic productions, he got the latest cosmetics and clothes. She applied another coat of the polish onto her slim pinky finger, Kelly's mind was not on Romeo and Juliet but on tonight. The biggest beach bash she had ever been invited to, but then again it was an Ashley and Austin Lynch party so it had to big. The twins were notorious for their parties, Kelly loved their parties and she loved sleeping with Austin even more. That was the beauty of their relationship, all they did was sleep together; no strings attached. Friends with benefits, she day dreamed about their last encounter together which was two days ago. It was in his bedroom on his double king bed, Kelly sighed in pleasure. To bad her boyfriend Connor would be returning from the Hamptons for the summer. Connor went to school in a private school in the Hamptons. He had been expelled from East Wood Academy, the school Kelly and Kimberly went to for smoking drugs and supplying drugs to the other teens. No one knew how the teachers found out about Connor's drug dealings, word on the street was Sally Wes snitched, that wasn't true but Kelly kept that knowledge to herself. It was a known fact that Sally and Kelly did not get along and this summer it was no different but this time Kelly had the upper hand. Sally and Kelly's feud had gone on for well... since anyone could remember. It had started out when in the eighth grade, during cheerleading tryouts Kelly had made an amazing routine to get her into the squad. She had named it the double turn twister, but before she even had a chance to strut her stuff; Sally had performed her routine and guess what? The judges loved it so much they made her vice captain and when Karina Milian,(the then captain),left the school Sally became captain. Kelly had never forgiven Sally. It didn't help that the pair had been best friends, Kelly had sworn that one day she would get her revenge and her rightful place as captain on the squad.

That's when the idea had struck her, of course, how could she have not thought about it sooner.  All she needed was to get close to Connor West and everything would fall into place, but there was one problem. Connor and Sally were dating; Kelly could handle that, it was easy to get Sally to break up with Connor but would it be that easy to get Connor to break up with Sally? Only one way to find out. That Monday Kelly went to basketball practice to see Connor, it was quite easy to get his attention since he secretly had had a crush on her since the fifth grade. He bounded over to her with swag and ease, all of the guys on the court stared at them. You should consider it an honor when Kelly Smith summons you personally, the two were seen leaving towards the parking lot and for the first time ever the court was quiet; so quite you could almost hear everyone's thoughts. Kelly and Connor?.
The parking lot was empty; the L.A traffic was at an all time high at this time of day, it was hot today and the warm air didn't make it any better. Kelly sat on the front of her red Mercedes while Connor stood in front of her, his tanned biceps flexing. Connor was one good looking good guy; he had tousled black hair, a ripped body with a semi tan and alluring blue eyes. Sally had scored nicely, Kelly noted, too bad she was going to lose it all and the b**** couldn't do anything about it. Kelly shifted up higher on the hood, her skirt going up as she did. Connor's eyes trailed down slowly before descending up just as slowly, "So, what can I do for you, I mean it's not every day that Kelly Smith talks to you personally unless she wants something." Connor's eyes flashed and he gave her his sly smile that had girls swooning, "I just came to here to help you," Connor raised an eyebrow, "We are friends and friends help each other," Kelly flicked her hair off her shoulder and fixed her Ray Bans. Connor laughed, his laugh lacking any humor, "What do you want Smith, a fix or what?"he said referring to the Ecstasy he was selling behind the bleachers. Kelly shook her head, "No, I came here to tell you that your Sally isn't as faithful as you would like to think," Kelly lied through her teeth. Connor rolled his eyes, "And how come I don't believe you, anything you say about Sally is a lie." Connor said through gritted teeth, "Oh please, spare me the loving boyfriend act and open your eyes. Her and Austin!  come on; what is it they're doing in the music room. Learning about quavers?"Kelly scoffed, Connor swallowed hard, that was true. Sally and Austin had been getting closer these past weeks, even though Sally insisted it was just for their upcoming school concert. Connor had tried to believe her but this was Austin Lynch they were talking about, he could charm the panties off a devout nun if he wanted to. Kelly sensed his discomfort and grinned like a Cheshire cat, this was going to be much easier than she thought. Kelly continued, "So you have to choices break up with Sally or stay with her and get your heart broken."Kelly licked her lips and moved an inch closer to him. Connor inhaled, he had made his decision. Kelly stroked his cheek, "I'm here for you Connor and if you need proof I have it right here," she took out a brown envelope from her Prada handbag. Connor took it with shaky hands, "Just call me if you need anything."Kelly's voice was soothing but behind it, it dripped with sarcasm. Connor made his way back to the court, clutching the envelope in both hands.

When Connor opened the envelope that night he saw everything that confirmed his fears, there they were snuggling up behind the piano. Austin and Sally and on the other photo it was the same just more explicit. Photo after photo was just as revealing, and soon Connor couldn't take it. He called Sally immediately and broke up with her, a distraught Sally then called Austin who told her two words no girl wants to hear. 'F*** off'. That was a bit harsh but then again what did you expect from Austin?
"Thanks a lot, Austin. Stage one is complete." Kelly's sweet voice echoed in his head. "No probs, Kells but next time warn me if we are going after a psycho chick." Kelly laughed at his remark, apparently Sally had called Austin's house nearly ten times and she had driven over to his house at four o'clock in the morning. The poor girl, "So what's plan two on the agenda?"Austin's sexy voice sent shivers down Kelly's spine and as much as she would have loved to invite him over but she couldn't since it was her maid Camilla's child’s birthday. So she had to attend the party that was commencing down stairs. Kelly rolled of her double queen bed and straightened out her black mini dress; "Get closer to Connor and then axe him off the chopping block." Austin laughed and then ended the phone call. Kelly went to her dresser and applied another coat of pink cherry lip gloss. Heading downstairs the Mexican music could be heard a mile away, "Hey sweety can you help me with the cake."Kelly's mom swiftly maneuvered between the coffee table and her oldest daughter, "Ok but on one condition, “Kelly was trying to get her parents to let her throw a summer beach bash. Her mother said of course but her father on the other hand was less than happy to let his two party animal children throw a party in the family's ten million dollar house. Last time that happened the police were called and the girls were grounded for two months; "And what is that?'Her mother asked while she fluffed around the dinner table. Camilla Ortiz's child Christina Ortiz was sixteen years old and went to East Wood with the girls, Camilla had worked for the Smith family for nearly twenty years. The girls got along and Camilla treated them like her own children, since Mrs. Smith was too busy being a rich man's wife to spend time with her own kids, not that the girls minded. Kelly pushed the trolley which the chocolate cake had been put on, the party was at the pool area. Mrs. Smith had insisted on organizing the affair but Christina or Chris as she affectionately was known as had asked for a small get together because a Mrs. Smith party was always a big affair. This request Mrs. Smith did not like but what could she do, everyone was sitting in the pool area sipping drinks or eating the snacks Mrs. Owens, the cook had prepared. Kim was sitting with Ashley Lynch, the two were good friends. No, best friends; Kelly pushed the trolley and left it in front of Chris. Chris was chatting with Shawn Henderson, Kim's ex boyfriend. The Henderson family had been invited because of the business alliance Mr. Henderson and Mr. Smith had formed two weeks ago. The two fathers did not know that their children were no longer dating and that they weren't even on speaking terms; "Hey Kelly, "Shawn nodded his head towards Kelly who just gave him a once over before swaggering to her sister and her friend. Well there went Shawn's last chance to get into the cool crew fold again.

Chapter 2.
The girl was lying on her back, sprawled over his toned body. Jaime Chung, purred as he stroked her chest. Jaime was his latest conquer, the American-Chinese teen was the daughter of a wealthy American business man and famous Chinese designer. She snuggled up closer to him and her exotic spicy scent sent him into overdrive, "They were right about you."Jaime's American accent had a twang and he liked that, the foreigners were always his type. Austin smiled his usual cocky smile, Jaime had been hard to snag but after months of goading and flirting he had finally done it; "What can I say it comes naturally." he inhaled deeply before gently pushing her off him. Tonight was his and his beloved twin sister Ashley's big extravaganza, there was lots he still had to do and he was nearly finished when Jaime had come over and offered to help, one thing had led to another and so he wasn't quite ready. Throwing his athletic legs over the bed he reached down and picked up his discarded underwear. Jaime had taken the hint and she began to get dressed as well, the two got dressed in silence; Jaime had loved her one night stand with Austin but then she felt something, a strange feeling in her stomach. This was not how she pictured it to be like, at first it was amazing; the girls who Austin had bedded had gushed to Jaime that he was a beast in the bed, a god of some sort and she wasn't disappointed but the after affects left her wondering. Was this it, the girls also mentioned that with Austin when he was done f*ing you he also stopped talking to you unless you were really good then maybe you might have another session. He was aloof now, Jaime whipped her head around and saw Austin standing and looking at her; his brown gold eyes were enchanting and oh so sexy but they lacked warmth.  His eyes were placid now unlike twenty minutes ago they were filled with desire. Jaime stood up and straightened out her short black summer dress, smoothing her long jet black hair she coughed. Austin smiled his cheeky grin at her and walked towards her, Jaime expected a hug or a kiss but instead she got shown outside his room and into the kitchen and then into the pool house; "You can hang out here with Benny and the gang."By the gang he meant the other popular kids. She could hear laughter and shouting from the pool house but she wasn't in the mood, "No. I think I'll head home. Call me later?"Jaime's voice quavered in anticipation. Austin looked at the girl, "Sure." He hugged her and watched her walk back to the main house. He never called her.

The preparations were done. Done and dusted, Ashley had returned with Kim and Kelly in tow from that girl's birthday party; he could never remember her name. The girls had put the finishing touches, like hanging up the glow in the dark streamers and they had strewn glitter all over the place. The sprawling Lynch mansion was nearly 100 hectors of land; the place had sixteen bedrooms and seventeen bathrooms. One for each bedroom and one downstairs, they had a massive pool and nicely kept garden that had green grass all year round. Mrs. Lynch made sure it was green, 'Brown gardens are for poor people.' She had insisted. The matriarchs of the household Carlisle and Courtney Lynch were gone to Michigan to visit family, the twins had declined the offer to go; they saw this as their opportunity to have an amazing party to mark the beginning of summer. The house was complete, he had made sure the maids locked up every room except for the three rooms on the second floor, those were the 'fun' rooms. That afternoon he and Benny had gone and collected the drinks from the local bar, LED lights and other goodies. Benny was the DJ; the dress code was bikinis for girls and swag for guys and you had to leave the party with the luminous paint supplied. Certain rules were placed, like if the cops came it was every man/woman for themselves, you had to get wasted and only one couple per bedroom and you break it you buy it. Everything was ready well except from the girls upstairs. Austin had changed into his trademark black skinny jeans, black sneakers, white tank top and a black leather jacket. He had styled his hair in a mousy up do with gel and to go with his look he wore his Gucci black shades. All of his clothes were designer, all. He was fixing himself some more in the lounge when Kim appeared, she was dressed in a black string bikini and lumo pink flip flops. Austin eyed her, to say she was hot was an understatement. She had a killer body and she knew it. That was the thing about the Smith girls. They had that sexy confidence about them that drove the guys mad. She disappeared into the kitchen without saying a word to him, Kim was like that; she could go for days without speaking to people. Austin liked that about her, she was different than any other girl he had met. He had a thing for her, always had, it started when they all first met at the dinner party his mom was throwing. The Smith family had just moved to LA from Miami, Mrs. Lynch had invited them to welcome them into the exclusive neighborhood of Santa Marcia; it was located right next door to Hollywood. Austin had just come downstairs when he had seen the two beauties, Kelly was introduced first, she beamed at him and at the moment she was taken by his good looks and he noted Kelly was pretty. Her long brown hair was pretty, her face was pretty. She was just pretty, to every other guy she was gorgeous but to him she was just pretty. It was Kim he found attracting, back then she cut her hair in a sharp bob and she had dyed her naturally brown hair black as night with blue highlights. She still did the hair style but only once in a while. He couldn't help but stare at her in awe, while Kelly did the same to him and Kim just looked bored. The rest of the night while Kelly jabbered on about her life and so on he stared at Kim, Kim had found a book and entertained herself, while Ashley, Kelly and Austin talked. Kim would look up every five minutes and stare at the clock and then at the gang, she would catch Austin staring at her and she would smile that mesmerizing smile. Austin was sure they were going to date but alas, it seemed as if Kim just wanted to be friends. Deep down that had hurt Austin, he really liked her, and to the point of saying he loved her. She was the only girl who could hold his attention and she was the only girl he couldn't charm which had driven him insane. He wanted her so badly it hurt. He had always wanted her but she would never let him have her. She didn't go for charmers or bad boys. She went for sensible and stable. Kelly was the daring one, he liked Kelly but not in the way he liked Kim. Kelly was cool and he liked their friends with benefits relationship, no strings attached and she was good in bed. But truth be told he would give it all up just to have one night with Kim, no one knew how he felt except for Benny. Even Ashley didn't and they told each other everything, Kim was the type of girl you went out with for one date and remembered the rest of your life. He loved her but he hid it and showed it in his own way, the two were best friends. She told him everything and vice versa. Kim and the twins got along very nicely, so much so the three holidayed together with Kelly and occasionally Benny. On holidays he was usually with on-off girlfriend Natayla Rudokova, a Russian beauty who had captured his fourteen year old heart and the two had been together ever since. Nat and Kim were also close. That was the thing about Kim you just wanted to be around her, for her to like you. Benny was also good friends with the Smith sisters, more so with Kim than Kelly. The two had a bit of bad blood. This would be evident at tonight’s party.

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

This story is about the rich teens of Santa Marcia, it isn't like your normal gossip girl story. It's much more instresting!I got the idea while watching Revenge so enjoy!

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences