True Love | Teen Ink

True Love

Every love story has its own beginning and ending. Some of them end up really good and some not so much. So this is how mine starts.

“Don’t you think his the hottest guy in the whole school?,” my friend Laura asked. In my mind I am thinking that Michael Davis is the hottest guy in the whole school even in the whole world but, I just say, “ Are you kidding me? He is the biggest flirt in the whole school and he isn't even cute.” I couldn’t even tell my own best friend that I’ve had a crush on Michael since freshman year which has been four years already. It was the last year of High School and I knew that I had to make this year the most memorable. DINNNNNG! the bell rang for first period and I had Chemistry. When I go to that class I get really nervous because Michael sits next to me. We don’t talk to each other that much and the only thing he will ask me is “Anna did you do the math homework?” I really think that Michael is a nice guy deep inside but, he doesn’t show that side of him to his friends. The day had passed so quickly that it was already time to go home.

My house is two blocks from school so I usually walk home. One day it was raining so hard and I forgot to bring the umbrella with me. I was passing by the STOP sign and I see this flashing lights and this “Crush sound” after that I don’t remember anything. I couldn’t open my eyes it felt like somebody just glued them together. I hear all this people crying and saying “Is Anna going to be okay?.” I kept asking myself: What is happening to me? Where am I? Why are all these people crying? I wanted to open my mouth and tell them that I am okay and there is nothing to worry about but, I couldn’t. The next day I open my eyes and see my mom sitting on the rocking chair. “MOM?” I said. My mom just so thrilled comes and hugs me and says “Are you alright, is anything hurting?” So what had happened to me, and why was I in the hospital, the only person that I could ask this question to was my mom. So I ask, “Mom why am I in the hospital?” my mom was so nervous when she told me that I was hit by a car.

“Who was the person mom?,” I asked. My mom said “ Michael Davis.” I was in shock I couldn’t believe that it was him. “He saved your life darling,” my mom said. How could’ve he save me if he was the one who had “accidentally hit me with his car.” So my mom tells me how Michael had called 911 right after the accident had happened. The doctors had said that if it wasn’t for him I could have died. “Knock Knock,” so surprised out of my head I see Michael coming in my room. “I am so sorry I didn’t mean to hurt you, there was so much fog that I didn’t see you passing by,” he said. “It’s okay,” I tell him. I knew that Michael hadn’t done that for a reason it was just an accident and nothing really bad had happened to me except a couple of bruises. My mom just says “I’ll leave you guys alone,” and she just leaves. It was awkward being with him alone. “Here I brought this bouquet for you,” Michael said, “Oh they are beautiful thank you.” Accidentally I drop the flowers, and when he came to pick it up his eyes and my eyes just glance them together. In that moment my heart just started to beat faster and I felt something burning in my heart, the love that I had for him. We both turn our heads and then he gets the flowers and puts them in a vase. He says “Anna I am sorry but I need to go, and I hope that you will get better soon so I could copy your math homework, just joking.” So he left and I was left alone in that small little room.

Two weeks had passed and I was out of the hospital. The next day that I go to school, I see Michael coming up to me and asking me if I need help to carry my books and I just say “No don’t worry about it, I could carry them myself.” However, without listening to me, he grabs my books and takes my hand and we both walk to chemistry class together. After the accident had happened Michael and I became very good friends. A month had passed from all of these and I hear my phone ring. I picked it up and it was Michael. “Hey Anna,” he said. “I just say oh hey Michael what’s up?” in a weary way. “Umm.. Can you come to the Coffee Shop today I need to tell you something,” so I say “Of course, I’ll be there at 5 o’clock.” When I went in I saw him sitting on the table, so I went and sat next to him. He says “ Anna there is something that I have to tell you.” In a curious way I say “What is it that you want to tell me?” So he takes a deep breath and says “ After the accident had happened to you and when I saw your eyes sparkling, my heart just started boiling. I didn’t know what this feeling was at first but when time had passed I found out what it was.” I was so shocked I didn’t know what to expect next. “Anna I LOVE YOU,” he said. I didn’t know what to say, so he says “ I knew that I shouldn’t have told you. I had expected this reaction to happen. I know that I am not good enough for you.” I knew that the time had come and I had to tell him the truth and I say “You’re wrong, I have the same feelings as you do toward me.” From excitement Michael just grabs me from my waist and turns me around and I say one more thing “ I LOVE YOU TO.” After all the drama Michael and Anna faced, they got their fairy tale ending, so I guess true love always conquers the impossible.

I think that everybody will learn somethings about life and love.

on Aug. 14 2011 at 9:01 pm
MiNdLeSsLuVeRgIrL BRONZE, Kenly, North Carolina

If you love something let it go, if it comes back its yours if it doesn't, it never was!

love this story

biddycakes said...
on Oct. 10 2009 at 6:43 pm
biddycakes, Charlotte, North Carolina
wow i really liked this story and i loved how it ends so that they are both very happy =)