Most Blessed Girl In The World. | Teen Ink

Most Blessed Girl In The World.

By saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other
saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other

A mother's love is like the ocean it's pure and wide.
Life is like a painting one wrong move and it's hard to bring it back to normal.
(I created these quotes)

I slowly open my eyes and see his face staring at me. “She’s back!” He says.

I realize that I’m inside a car and lying down with my head on his lap…he smiles at me.

I gather up all the strength that I have left in me to smile and I smile.

“It’s nice to have you back kiddo. Can you walk?”He asks

I try to lift myself up but fail and so I shake my head.

He looks worried but says “Oh that’s ok. I’ll carry you there. Put your arms around my neck and don’t let go, k?”

I nod and then he slowly picks me up and carries me away. I feel weak…very weak. I put my arms around his neck and hold on tight. Partially because I’m afraid of losing him and partially because he told me to do so and then I close my eyes.

“Rachel…you can let go of me now. We’re here. I’ll just keep you on this bed, okay?”He asks and he keeps me on a soft bed.

“Where am I?” I ask myself

I watch him as he smiles at me and sits by my side.

“You feel weak don’t you, kiddo?”He asks

I nod.

“Do you remember what happened?”He asks me

I close my eyes and think…all I remember is that I fell…yes, I fell…no, I jumped. Yes…I jumped to survive.

Now I remember everything.

I open my mouth to speak. “I…I…jumped…I jumped.”I say to him

“I know…I saw you jump and I saved you.” He says

I try to tell him the whole story but he stops me. “No…it’s okay Rachel. Tell me later, rest now. You need to regain your strength.”

“But….”I start.

“No buts….I are telling you to rest. The doctor said you should rest. “He says

“Where am I?”I ask

“You’re in Harbrows Hospital. We got you here as fast as we could.” he answers

“Whose car did we come in?”I ask

“Oh that? That’s Matt’s car. He boasts about it almost every day. His new BMW.”He says with a laugh.

I smile and he looks at me as if I’m a little rabbit who’s been badly hurt.

“I want you to get better and run around doing all your childish stuff again.” He says looking at me. “I want to see that hyper-little girl who brings so much joy into my life, having fun again and that can only happen if she gets better. So rest, okay kiddo? Get better.” he says and he strokes my head.

I smile at him and nod. “Promise.”I say

He smiles. “Thanks, kiddo.”He says.

I close my eyes and fall asleep.

When I wake up again, I see him sitting in a chair next to me. He has fallen asleep.

I watch him with a smile on my face.

He suddenly wakes up and sees me staring at me.

He smiles. “Was I asleep for long? Did you just wake up?”He asks

“I just woke up.”I answer

“Are you hungry?”He asks concerned

I still feel a bit weak but I want to see him smile and I want to make him laugh. My weakness is making his cheery face disappear.

“I’m starving! I can still eat anything I want right?”I ask trying my best to sound strong and healthy.

He laughs. “Yes, you can. Now what do you want?”He asks

“What do you want?”I ask him

“Anything you like.” he answers

I smile...He always lets me order even if he doesn’t always agree with what I want and ends up ordering food for himself separately.

“Considering how hungry I am…I think we should go for 2 Large Burgers and One strawberry Ice cream milk shake.” I say with a smile “Oh and…maybe a cheese cake for dessert?”

“That sounds great! But I don’t think they serve it here…”he says “We have to eat what they serve because we pay for it. And the food here isn’t so bad…it’s actually delicious.”

I laugh. “I know…what do they have here?”I ask

“Well…they have nutritious food.” he answers

“Then Nutritious food …it is.”I say

“And cheese cake? I think I can get that from the bakery outside since the doctor said you can have anything you like.” he says

“Thank you.”I say

“No problemo. Nutritious food and Cheese Cake…coming right up! ” He says with a smile and he leaves the room.

I slowly try to sit up. It’s very hard because I feel so weak but I have to try…so I try again.

And after about 4 unsuccessful attempts to sit up, I manage to make myself sit perfectly well. I pick up the magazine on the table near me and begin to read.

I don’t even notice him walking in with the food.

“Oh you’re sitting up! That’s good! I brought the food in one tray because it’s easier to carry it and the cake is on its way.” he says as he keeps the tray on my lap and takes his food.

I watch him intently. He does everything so carefully almost as if I’m a fragile flower that might break any moment if he’s not careful.

He sits down and sees me looking at him. “Bon Apetite!”He says

I smile. “Thank you.”I say and begin to eat and so does he. And he was right.

The food is delicious!

“I’ll throw this all away and be back with the cake.” he says taking away the empty containers.

I nod and thank him again.

He comes back holding two plates of cheese cake in either hand.

“Here you go.” he says

“Thank you, Andrew. I really appreciate everything you’re doing for me. Thank you very much.”I say to him.

“No problem, Rachel. I told you I would never leave you. I’m keeping my promise.” He says

I smile again. After we eat, I go back to resting.

When I wake up again, which is the next morning, Andrew tells me that the doctor says that I’m well enough to go home now.

“Really? I can?”I ask again

“Yes…”he says

“The doctor said that I could?”I ask

“Yes…now stop reiterating...you know how much that annoys me.”

“I’m sorry.” I say making a sad baby face.

“It’s alright.”Said Andrew with a laugh.

“You don’t mind?”I ask

“It does annoy me but I guess I should just deal with It.” answers Andrew

I smile. He smiles back. I get ready to go home and leave the hospital with Andrew.

“Thank you, Andrew. For everything.” I say when Andrew is about to leave after taking me home and having some tea.

“No problem, Rachel. That’s what friends are for.” he says “See you at school tomorrow.”

I nod and wave farewell to him and watch him walk away. I watch him till all I see of him is a tiny dot.

I close the door and go inside.

That night I get a text from Andrew…

The Text: Rachel…there’s something I have to tell you…something important...I’m not sure if you’ll like it, so I’m asking you if you want me to ask…or…not?

I think for a while. What could be the important question he wants to ask me? Should I tell him that he can ask…or…shouldn’t I?

If it’s important…then I guess I should let him ask me.

Me: It’s okay, Andrew…you can ask me the question.

There’s a silence of about 20 or 25 minutes and then I get a reply…actually…I get then question that he wanted to ask me.

Andrew: Rachel...ever since I met you, ever since the day I started to call you my friend, I knew that you were something special and I knew that you were someone who would make a difference in my life.

Rachel…the guy who you like would be very lucky…and I was going to ask you if you would like to let me be that lucky guy?

Me: Like? Meaning like a friend?

Another silence of about 5 minutes…

Andrew: No...I mean like a boyfriend…

Me: Do you like me, Andrew? I mean…like a girlfriend?

Andrew: Yeah…

Me: Let me get this straight. Are you telling me that you love me?

Andrew: Yeah.

Me: You mean you really love me, Andrew?

Andrew: Yes, Rachel. Yes …Yes…Yes…okay? I love you…now can I please have my answer? Gosh...this is starting to get really annoying…

I can’t believe this! He loves me? All those times when I tried to tell him that I loved him, he didn’t understand…but now he loves me and he’s asking me if I do too.  I love him so much! Always did…and now I can finally tell him.

Me: Hmm…No, Andrew…I’m sorry you can’t be the guy that I like.

I send the text and immediately start to type the other half of the text and send it too.

Me: You can’t be the guy I like because you’re the guy I love. I love you too Andrew. J

Andrew: Phew! For a moment there...I thought you didn’t like me.

Me: I don’t like you…

Andrew: What? But you just said….

Me: I said that I love you…not like you…love and like are two different words, Andrew.

Andrew: Fine Fine…you love me…

Me: And you? You don’t?

Andrew: Haha…of course I do…always will, Kiddo.

Me: Still Kiddo?

Andrew: Always will be…

Me: No...I think you should find something else to call me...

Andrew: How about Headache?

Me: Headache? Hmm…nah, I’m too good for that...huh, Sweetie?

Andrew:  -_- SWEETIE? Couldn’t you really choose something better?

I laugh and laugh…he’s really funny when he’s annoyed.

Me: Love you so much, My Darling Andrew

Andrew: Better…much better…isn’t it, sweetheart?

I smile. Sweetheart is nice, Andrew. It’s very nice.

And then I start to type my reply…

Andrew’s a great guy and I bet I’ll be very happy.

He may be the luckiest guy...but I’m definitely the most blest girl….