Missing You Leaves a Hoping Bitterness | Teen Ink

Missing You Leaves a Hoping Bitterness

August 24, 2014
By MichelleMonks24 SILVER, London, Other
MichelleMonks24 SILVER, London, Other
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments



"There's more to life than a good old cliché romance." My parents, my friends, everyone repeated it constantly as a sign of reassurance that I would be better off without him. I just nodded, smiled, and kept going with my mundane schedule. I began to assume that after countless of sleepless nights that void would go away, yet it stayed, growing bigger every day. 



 



You had left for good and I would soon be off to sum up more kilometers to our distance. But none of that was strong enough to keep the idea of you triggering the writing in me. Those long nights behind the ink of my pen, reliving our memories through words and tears have built up on the sentiment that you might be the one. 



 



I guess I'm here to remove your doubts about making great memories without me. Go ahead: live, scream, smile, and cry. Once our paths again, your memories will then be mine. 



 


The author's comments:

Saying goodbye to someone you love will never be easy. The reason behind my smile, and now my tears, made me write this after a sad goodbye and a few too many wine glasses.