Strangerwolf Ch.4 | Teen Ink

Strangerwolf Ch.4

By MargaretNorman GOLD, Indianpoils, Indiana
MargaretNorman GOLD, Indianpoils, Indiana

I WILL BY FAITH EVEN WHEN I CAN NOT SEE BECAUSE THIS BROKEN ROAD PREPARES YOUR WILL FOR ME. - JEREMY CAMP

"FROM DUSK TILL DAWN BEWARE NIGHTS CALL, FOR NIGHTMARES RISE AS SHADOWS FALL."

‘Just ignore him Adriean.’ I told my self. ‘Just ignore him.’
Chapter 4

Life went on like that for a while; I showed him each of our classes and he proceeded to sit in the back where I couldn't see him but could feel his wandering eyes just studying me, my each and every movement. I couldn’t even take a breath without him curiously watching the rise and fall of my chest.

By the end of the week he finally got up the courage to say more than two words to me.

“The names Cash.” He said leaning his left shoulder on the locker next to mine.

“Adriean.” I replied not barely paying any attention to him.

“Aaah, a person from Hadria Italy.” He sighed

“Aaah Vain.” I said with a snobby attitude. who was this guy? trying to make small talk like it was something normal for us.

“Oh, Ouch.” He said sarcastically placing a hand over his heart.

“What do you want?” I said getting annoyed.

“To talk.” He said innocently.

“Well go talk to someone else.”I said then adding
“Someone who cares.” under my breath.

“Let me rephrase that...I want to talk to you.” He said sarcastically.

“Well we don't always get what we want do we?” I asked slamming my locker.

“Oh come on...Just hear me out.” He asked.

“What!” I yelled. “What in blue BLAZES could you POSSIBLY want!?!?” I shouted at him regretting using the old fashioned word my father tended to use.

He paused for a moment clearly stunned by my outburst of rage.

“I was wondering if...if.” He stammered. I couldn’t tell if he was making something up or was still in shock. But I waited patiently for him to collect himself. But I noticed something; his eyes...he blinked rapidly as he stuttered. His absurdly long lashes fluttering across his amber eyes.

I marveled at those eyes until he gently closed them and took a deep breath. So familiar but I just couldn't place where I had seen them and the significance behind them.
“I was wondering if...I could get some...uh...tutoring?” He finnaly said.

“Your grades seem fine if you have all my classes.” I retorqued.

“Yes but im...im having trouble understanding the teaching methods.” He said.

“FINE! here is my address come over after school about six?” I said shoving a piece of paper I quickly wrote on and tore out of my note book at his chest.

“Great, thanks alot Addie.” He said as he turned to walk away.

ADDIE where did he get the idea to call me ADDIE?!?!? I leaned my shoulders on my locker and tilted my head back to sigh. “What have I gotten myself in to?”