A Cliche Love Story | Teen Ink

A Cliche Love Story

By loganmartini BRONZE, Goose Creek, South Carolina
loganmartini BRONZE, Goose Creek, South Carolina

"I am not a crook." -Richard M. Nixon

I remember it all so well.

It was my first day at my new school. It was also the first day of my new life with Aaron Samuels. I was so nervous and he sort of comforted me. Then she showed up. Regina George. Cheer captain, class president, and leader of the Plastics. But most importantly, Aaron’s girlfriend. But not for long.

As I walk into homeroom, I see him. He’s amazing. I hadn’t believed in love at first sight until I lay my eyes on him. There’s just one problem. Regina.

He turns around and looks at me like something missing just appeared and whispers, “Regina, I’m breaking up with you.” She runs out of the school, and a few seconds later, we hear a bus’s breaks squeal.

But I barely notice because I’m lost in his eyes. They’re so blue I feel like I’m drowning in them.

Then the bell rings and I’m torn from him by the wave of people. He quickly writes down his number and we get along with our lives. The rest of the day is a blur of nothingness. Once it’s over, I get a text from Aaron, “thanks 4 bein part of my psych experiment. I was tryin 2 see how easily sum1 would fall in love.”