Prince Dylan | Teen Ink

Prince Dylan

By needyoumorethandope97 SILVER, Clarkston, Michigan
needyoumorethandope97 SILVER, Clarkston, Michigan

Love is a feeling a million words could not describe - me and my friend hannah
Confidence is a Stain you can't wipe off - Lil Wayne

Once upon a time lived a handsome Prince he was going through a really rough time, it’s as if he lost himself. This boy had short blonde hair,scruffy, real easy looking brown eyes, and thin lips.He was 6’2, and skinny, he goes by the name of Dylan. Dylan is only 17 so hes still in high school. The Prince was always home-schooled until recently his mother had decided that he needs to go to public school and make friends because he was starting to act like a spoiled brat and was completely out of control.From smoking weed to Breaking into places, Prince Dylan couldn't possibly get any worse. It was now September 21st Dylan’s first day of public school. As he walks into the school he notices everyone there were huddled into small groups of people talking and laughing with each other inside their cliques. “What is this place?” he thought to himself. Walking up to the first group of kids he sees “Aye hows it going i'm Dylan.” He said. They all come to a silence looking at him and slowly walk away.”Class must be starting or something.” Dyl had thought to himself as he makes another attempt he walks over to a group of girls that caught his eye. “Hey i'm Dylan i just moved in down the street i was wondering if any of you beautiful girls could show me around?” They look at him and laugh whispering to each other “Who does he think he is, we better keep our distance from him girls he could be a total creep!” Except one girl she can't seem to take her eyes off of him as he looks down at his old worn out sneakers and backs away. “Geez, what is with these people?” He thought to himself. As he walks to class he notices a paper stuck to the wall it read Basketball tryouts 3 pm today!!! The Prince had loved Basketball back home he had his own Basketball court inside his castle in the UK. At the beginning of every class the teacher would introduce Dylan to the class and every time he would sit down the kids would stare and move away one by one. Dylan thought public school would be a piece of cake but as the day went on he realized he wasn't fitting in like he thought he would. Dylan believed everyone would swoon over the fact that he was a Prince but he was wrong no one here seemed to have a care in the world that he was some type of royalty.The next day he sat by himself at lunch time but didn't eat, he had no appetite as the days go by he still didn't fit in had no friends and felt so alone wondering if anyone would care if he left or would even notice Dylan felt invisible. Walking back to class he had now been going to school for 3 weeks, the star Basketball player in the school had thrown Dylan into the lockers and knocked his books out of his hands all over the floor. Dylan had slid down the lockers sitting on the floor hearing all the giggling and everyone laughing at him. Everyone except this one girl Carly who walked over and helped him up. This was the same girl who couldn't take her eyes off of him on his first day of school. “Hi i'm Carly you're Dylan Yates right? The new kid?” “Yeah i am why? What are you gonna say about me this time? Don't you people have anything better to do i mean who raised you?” Dylan kinda took his anger and pain out by yelling at her. “I- you what? Dylan cut her off. I was just going to say its nice to meet you finally and you could sit with me at lunch if you wanted.” Carly wasn't the most popular or pretty girl in the school but by this point Dylan just wanted to not feel so lonely all the time. He dreaded having to go to school because he didn't fit in the way he thought he would.”Oh sure id love to… he paused for a minute sorry i was such a jerk to you like that i didn't mean it I've just had a hard time fitting in here lately. I don't think i even have one friend here.” He looked down at his sneakers again to hide the fact that he was getting teary eyed.That’s not true Dylan you have me, you'll always have me i'm here for you you can tell me anything Dilly i don't want you to hide yourself from me.” Carly said. Dylan looks up and smiles at her, “You mean it?” He asked her. “Why would i say it if i didn't mean it silly!!!” Carly laughed. As they walk to lunch together side by side Carly asked Dylan if he liked Basketball Dylan joyfully said yes i love Basketball its my favorite” “Why don't you try out for the Basketball team then?” She asked. I’m not that great at it Carly he said looking down at his worn down sneakers again and the tryouts are over by now.” Well you're not going to get on the team with that attitude Dyl come on, lets go!!!!” She grabbed him by the hand dragging him behind her to the gym. Where are we going Dylan chuckled you'll see she replied smiling at him as they ran through the halls. They enter the gym, Carly walks over to the coach stay here Dylan it'll just be a minute she says. Walking back from the other side of the gym Carly screams congrats Dylan Yates you're on the team. Now what to do with these clothes of yours… What's wrong with my clothes? Dylan asks. Well you wanna fit in don't you? Yes but- But what? Trust me Dylan i know what i'm doing just come with me!!!! They walk out of the school getting into Carly's ruby red jeep what kind of music you like Dilly? Oh ya know rap, some Justin Bieber here and there Chris Brown. OH MY GOD!! You’re a boy Belieber?? Hold on a minute i think i just died Dylan laughs you're crazy i swear! Yeahhh but you have to deal with it honey i mean we’re gonna be married one day Carly said. Dylan is cracking up yeah? When? Right now duhhh Carly smiled at him. Okay where we off to wifey? The mall my handsome husband she replied. By now they're at the mall in Pacsun Carly grabs a whole bunch of dark denim skinny jeans, hoodies and T-shirts throwing them at Dyl go try these on and show me. He puts on almost like a fashion show for her. The next day he comes to school with his hair spiked up a little wearing a pair of his new jeans and a Diamond Supply Co shirt he had a completely new look to him when he had first started going to school he would come in wearing old raggedy jeans and fuzzy sweaters that looked like they’d been washed a million times, he kinda looked like a bum in a way. A few months later students had begin to notice him as the cute popular boy that all the girls drool over. Then within just a few more days he was getting invited to some of the hottest parties of the school year. Prince Dylan was finally beginning to fit in just like he wanted to. Until one day Carly had came up to him and his new friends, “Aye hows it going buddy old pal or should i say my handsome husband, long time no talk, where have you been?” She nudged him smiling he looked back at her smiling. “Oh hey guys meet my - they gave Dylan a weird look shaking their heads i mean do i know you? He said to Carly turning away laughing with his friends thinking she’ll be understanding and that their friendship will be fine. Carly turns her back walking away from him saying he fits in perfect just like he wanted all thanks to me she said under her breath as the tears slid down her cheek. “Hey Carls wait up she heard from a distance she looks behind her to see Dylan trying to catch up to her wiping her tears away she continues to walk to class. Hey wait up! Carly can you not hear me? slow down he said breathing heavily from running to catch up she ignores him CARLY! He shouts grabbing her arm What's your problem? Me? My problem? How bout you Dylan, what is with you? You’re definitely not the same Dylan i know, wheres my best friend at? She exclaimed throwing his hand off hers goodbye Dylan it was nice knowing you she says as she walks away Dylan standing in the background a single tear falls down his cheek. But Carls he whispers. For the next couple weeks all he can think about is how bad he messed up his friendship with his best friend Carly, who was there when he needed a friend the most, when he was at his worst she was the one to always pick him back up when he would come crashing down.Dylan and Carly didn't talk the rest of the year not even over summer. School was about to start up again Carly and her mom were school clothes shopping when Carly accidentally walked right into Dylan. “Well this is awkward, Dylan said under his breath.” “Hi how have you been doing?” Dylan asked. I've been OK and you? I'm good! That's good. There was an awkward silence so um what are your cla---- listen Carly i'm really sorry about what happened last year that was so uncool of me after all you did you helped me fit in just like i wanted to and i feel terrible for acting that way in front of my friends i really messed up and i hope you can forgive me one day but until then i will see you soon wifey i love you and i now know that fitting in isn't that great if i have to change myself in order to do that and be happy. The people who talk to me when i am myself are my true friends and without you Carly i am nothing. Dylan cried.

i was assigned this project in ELA and i had to write a short story about fitting in, self esteem, feeling lonely all the time because it had to relate to the book The Catcher In The Rye i spent a week doing nothing for this project because i could not think of what to write about or how my story should go because it had to be kind of make believe fairytale too. Then one day i was going through my Note Book and found this story i had written about this Boy Dylan who is very important to me and is a big part of my life. He makes me happy when i'm sad, hes not there for me all the time when i need him most but he tries to be and i love him to the end of the world <3 but guess what the world never ends thats what i always tell him when i have to go somewhere or do something. And it just hit me i could do the story about me and Dylan but make it kind of disguised and tell OUR STORY <3 so the inspiration to this short story would have to be Dylan my bestfriend, my world, my "hubby".