The Effect of Love | Teen Ink

The Effect of Love

June 8, 2014
By -emma- GOLD, Miami, Florida
-emma- GOLD, Miami, Florida
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm like a child who belongs to nobody
~Lana Del Rey~


Everyone says not to do drugs, but if we never did drugs we would have never found love. Love itself gives you a high. You aren’t aware of your surroundings, and aren’t thinking straight. You’re brain isn’t accustomed to working while you’re in it.
You want a daily dose of it every day you wake up. Craving it every second of every day. When you don’t have it you look for it. Like a dog wandering the street in search of its owner. Love is a feeling so powerful that makes the heart feel enlightened. We indulge in it.

Love is when you get butterflies in your stomach and a permanent innocent smile planted on your face. Your heart swelled by the feelings and your mind resting peacefully in an emotional state. Your brain in serenity from the mental stabilization you maintain.

Love is meeting someone who doesn’t care about your past, only your future because it involves them in it. They are capable of seeing you the person you want to see, verses the person that you see yourself. They have an affect on you that’s just incredibly overwhelming. You feel at ease and in tranquility. Always, constantly thinking about them, hoping that they are thinking about you.

They are the ones that can make us most happiest, yet the most saddest. We strive for their attention and feed off of their presence. They are able to see your flaws but don’t mind them because they choose to focus on your perfections. They admire every thing of yours. Even your perfectly imperfect flaws.

Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own. You will put yourself through misery and headaches just to give them happiness. Love is just a word until someone special gives it a meaning to you.


The author's comments:
This piece is supposed to make readers who have never been in love understand the feeling it gives off. To those who are in love, or have been in love, should be able to relate easily to the piece. Being in love is a great feeling. It's a feeling that is hard to describe but once you are in it, you understand what this piece explains.