Tell Me A Story | Teen Ink

Tell Me A Story

May 5, 2014
By JackieSugarTongue PLATINUM, Kremmling, Colorado
JackieSugarTongue PLATINUM, Kremmling, Colorado
46 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
She Was So Beautiful In Death It Was A Wonder Why She Was Ever Alive


“Tell me a story,” she demanded as she sat down beside him. She released a heavy sigh and rested her head on his shoulder, letting her hair fall over his arm. “I’m always telling everyone else stories and now I want someone to tell me one.” She continued, her voice taking on a slightly whiney tone that he had learned to adore. He glanced at her and raised an eyebrow, the skeptical look he gave her only earning him another sigh, this one louder than the last. He snorted a laugh and shook his head at her, shifting his weight slightly to gently shake her.

“Come on, you know I can’t tell stories. Even if I could you wouldn’t like em’; my grammar isn’t good enough for your prissy self to handle,” he chuckled, leaning in to kiss her temple. She groaned and rolled over into his lap, hiding her face in his shoulder.

“You’re no fun.” She mumbled into his shirt, gripping the material with her right hand. He looped his arms around her and hid his face in her hair, jumping slightly when he felt her teeth scrape against his skin as she attempted to bite him. “Story,” she whispered, and he could feel her smile.

“Alright, let’s see here.” He tapped his chin in thought for a moment before he stared, speaking slowly and clearly so she could hear. “I fell in love once.” He started, and then laughed a little. “Well, I’d been in love before, but never like that. This girl, she was something special. Not in the normal ways though, she wasn’t a whole lot to look at when I first met her. Her hair was a little rough and her eyeliner was always running. She didn’t smile much neither, and she never had a whole lot to say.” His eyes glossed over a bit as he started to describe her, like he was seeing her as he was talking. “Her heart though, you could see that, that was something beautiful. She didn’t really have to say nothing to prove it; it’s just kinda showed on her face. She would look at me all soft, and her lips would sit in this certain way and it made me want to kiss her silly. She’d never let me though, that one. She was too afraid to trust me to let me love her like I wanted.” He shifted slightly and ran his fingers through her hair as he told her the story, by then she had sat up to look at him, one eyebrow slightly raised but her expression concentrated.

“Man I loved her. She used to dance and sing and laugh all at once and I never knew how she did it. God, it was beautiful when she did that. I only wish she’d done it more often. It made my day every time she smiled. I don’t think I’ll ever stop loving her; there ain’t no one who’s ever going to have a hold on me like that.” He stopped talking now, indicating that he had finished his story. Frowning she tapped his arm, pouting slightly.

“Well aren’t you going to tell me what happened to her?” she asked her eyes slightly wide.

“Well,” he smiled and looked at her, leaning back. “She got louder and more vicious and turned into you.” He said with a nod, laughing as she tried to hit him and pulling her in for a kiss. “And ya know, I still love you like that.”