Always: Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

Always: Chapter 1

By wallflower3 GOLD, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
wallflower3 GOLD, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -Randy Pausch

Chapter one:
“Keeping The End In Mind”

As I lay here, wondering what things would be like if they were different, my mom walks in. “Time for dinner, honey.” She says. So I get up and make my way to the kitchen. Things this year have been rough, and the last thing I want to do right now is talk to my family. “How are things?” My dad asks,

“I don’t wanna talk about it “ I reply, slamming my fork back onto my plate and getting another mouthful of this awful pasta.

“Levi, that’s enough.” By now I’m in a terrible mood so I excuse myself from the table before I have time to get into more trouble. As I make my way up to my room and sit down on my beanbag, her face pops into my head. All the memories flash before my eyes and my heart starts to ache. Charlotte Asher, her brown hair that used to fall on my shoulders when I held her, her unmistaken laugh that everyone recognized, she was different. She has a uniqueness to her that made her unlike anyone I’d ever known.

~
I am now entering the doors of living hell, high school. Everyday in the halls I walk past people I don’t know, but I act like I do. Every one of them has a story, some completely different from the next. But mine, my story is nothing like theirs, yet I will never judge someone based on what they look like or their mistakes. After all that’s what happened to me.