The Birthday Wish

It started out with a simple excuse.
“You forgot my birthday!” she said to him. It wasn’t TRUE disappointment. She knew he didn’t know. That didn’t stop her from guilt-tripping him.
“Well…what can I do to make it up to you?” he asked.
“Oh please don’t look at me with those eyes!” she thought to herself as she melted inside.
“A COOKIE!” she said smiling. “That isn’t peanut butter or oatmeal!” she added.
“Ok then” he said. “I’ll see you later” he watched her get off the bus. He put his head back and continued to listen to crappy music on his iPod.
She walked home trying to be discreet while she watched the bus fade out of her view. She sighed. At that time and place she wanted him and no one else.
The doorbell rang!!!! Her heart skipped a beat…her stomach churning “He’s here!!!” she thought to herself.
“HEY!” she said cheerfully opening the door.
“I brought you your cookies!” he said with a smirk.
“Pooh!” she replied in an awkward high pitched hyper voice. She took the cookies and giggled while she put them in the kitchen.
“Hey! Let’s go get slushies!” she said grabbing his hand as they fled from her house.

His hand touched hers as they walked. She wanted to feel their fingers tangled together desperately.
“Don’t touch me!” she exclaimed. “If the neighbors drive by I’m dead” she giggled. They walked past cornfields and barns and made it to the slushier place. They sat at a picnic table and ate their slushiest.
“Hey…let’s go a different way on the way back!!” She exclaimed gesturing towards a cornfield.
“I can’t believe I’m walking through a cornfield with you!!!”
“Yes but all my neighbors drive by on the road” she said talking his hand. She heard a sound that may have been an animal. “EEEEKKKK!!!!” she squealed jumping towards him.
“I’ve got you” he whispered.
“I hope so” she replied giggling.
‘time for your birthday present” he said smirking.
She thought it was going to happen then and there. It didn’t. They made their way to the creek.
“Ok…this isn’t going to work” she said turning around.
“All we have to do is jump” he said jumping across the creek. “You can do it” he looked at her.
She jumped and fell on top of him. “Hey there” she said giggling.
She rolled on top of her. “Want to make out?” he asked at an attempt to sound cocky.
“NO!” she pushed him off. “We have to go through the creek” she walked into the water that came up to her ankles. Sneakers and all…she didn’t care if she got wet.
“You’re crazy!” he laughed.
“Oh no!” she thought to herself. “He’s looking at me with those eyes again”.
He bent down to roll his pants up. She wanted him. Now, she knew that she wasn’t going home without kissing him.
She walked to him and quickly threw her arms around his neck. “Hi” she said cheerfully.
“Hi?” he responded with confusion.
Their lips met <3
Her head was spinning. Never in a million years would she expect herself to be kissing him. This was exactly what she wanted. She pulled away. He was looking at her with ‘those eyes’ again. It was enough to send her over the edge. Before she could even say anything he kissed her once again. She’d never thought the perfect kiss really existed…..until now. She pulled away and looked at him. He’d just wasted his first kiss on her.

Ride4LifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Lol that girl is hilarious!! Cute story. Although at the end, how did he waste his kiss on her??

everything_shaneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
The plot is okay but I'm confused how the kissing ended. But over all, it's good :)

RonnieAnn said...
May 13, 2013 at 11:12 am:
How did he waste his first kiss on her? I really dont get it...

LillyZ83This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 6:55 am :
I think, and I am not the author so don't take my word for it, but I think "he wasted his first kiss on her" means it was his first kiss and instead of saving it for the one he knew for sure he was going to spend the rest of his life with, he gave it to her whom he might only be together with for only a short time... but that was just my take on it. And it was an adorable story all together!!