Them <3 | Teen Ink

Them <3

By Aiyana BRONZE, Elma, New York
Aiyana BRONZE, Elma, New York

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."
-Edgar Allen Poe

He had brown curly hair that he straightened at the bangs. He was muscular and had blue eyes that sparkled when he laughed. She could hear the sound of his voice ringing in her ears. His corny jokes made her smile to herself. His kisses against her lips, his cologne the smell of pine needles, she could remember every detail of him. It’s funny how she knows him better than herself.
She works so hard to please him. She only ever wants him to like her more. She tries not to get too upset when he’s angry with her. His gentle touch warms her heart. He tries to please her too. They always come right back to each other. They were perfect for each other.
And now she’s sitting in a boring classroom, imagining them hanging out, her on his lap, his arms wrapped around her waist. They know each other like the back of their hand. Everything they do, say, think. The other already knows. He thought she was perfection, she thought he was too. But they both had many flaws. She was bipolar, had anxiety attacks, and a messed up family. He had anger issues, and he was adopted.
Girls were always all over him… it made her so mad. He cheated on her several times, but only loved her. He was cute and sweet. She imagines the sweet honey taste of his lips, the heat of his hands caressing her, him running his fingers through her darkened blonde hair.
Her thoughts interrupted by the loud dong of the bell. She throws her papers in her binder and scrambles out of the room. She holds her binders to her chest and follows the crowd. Nobody really notices her. She’s just a little girl. A 13 year old little girl developed enough to be 17. That the age most people thought her to be. But she’s almost 14. Fourteen years old and still unable to decipher right from wrong, hasn’t even yet learned respect.
And yet they love each other, forever and always. Forever and always in love. No matter the differences, no matter those who hated them, they loved

Aiyana BRONZE said...
on Jul. 28 2014 at 10:11 pm
Aiyana BRONZE, Elma, New York

-Edgar Allen Poe

haha thank you! not many people understood this piece, but you really got it. i wanted this to be real, our generation, not sappy and old fashioned. thats nice for fanfictions and such but i wanted this as a real life scenario.

on Jul. 15 2014 at 12:59 pm
CallMeAria PLATINUM, Vancouver, Other

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON :)

I enjoyed this piece a lot! Especially the ending. It describes a relationship that is imperfectly perfect, if that makes sense. The ending really made an impact because at first you think this girl is just blinded by love, very typical, and then you find out that really she is confused and scared in this big world. Nice piece! :D