Pubble and Peach: The Ways of Life | Teen Ink

Pubble and Peach: The Ways of Life

March 7, 2014
By LivyNewhall DIAMOND, Palm Coast, Florida
LivyNewhall DIAMOND, Palm Coast, Florida
69 articles 15 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be the change that you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi


The fact that you’re so obsessed tells me that you’re not ready for the real thing.

But I am.

No, you’re not. It’s not the right time.

You don’t know that.

But I do, I do. There are so many more things that have to happen before you’ll truly be ready for it.

Like what?

You need to love yourself, before you can truly love someone else.

But I think I do.

You don’t. You still wake up in the morning and wish that you could be a different person.

Doesn’t everybody?

Well sure, but then they think no, no they don’t want to be someone else.

Oh.

You need to be strong, very strong. So that when your heart truly does break, you’ll keep going.

Does it have to break?

If it doesn’t break how will you know that it’s there?

It beats.

Sure, like a machine. To truly know that it’s not just a machine you must let it break, so that it can be fixed.

Machines are fixed after they break.

Not like a heart. When a heart breaks you feel the pain of it. If it’s a machine you won’t feel that pain.

Oh.

You need to be confident, so that when people tell you how to feel, you won’t doubt yourself.

I don’t doubt myself…do I?

Yes you do. You did just then. You need other people to tell you that what you’re feeling is really what you’re feeling. That’s doubt.

Oh.

I’m not trying to put you through hell, I’m not trying to stop you from falling in love. I’m trying to prepare you for it. I’m trying to help you to fall in love with the truth of yourself, and of someone else. So that when it does happen it will be something you won’t want to forget. Something that you won’t put away after it hurts you.

How will I know when it’s true?

You’ll know. I can’t tell you how. It’s not like an illness, you can’t diagnose it. It doesn’t have symptoms. It just is.