Beautiful

Trevor veered to the right. He had already spotted her, spotted the bright red dress she wore. In the dim light of the gym's soft dance floor and loud music, he made out Ana's slim figure in the distance, spotted her eyes that shone in the light.

While most guys would smirk at her and believe a dime a dozen, Trevor thought, God, is she gorgeous.

Ever since kindergarten, he and Ana have been very close friends, despite her being solely dependent on reading and books. A decade later, Trevor started high school by playing quarterback as she became the only member of the Literature Club, much to her delight somehow.

Their friendship has grown over time, and Trevor suddenly felt the urge to do it now, or forever wish he had for years.

Walking towards, Trevor's hands shook madly and his hands wobbled. He couldn't ask her, risk the chance of ruining their friendship. However, the faint smell of her perfume, a rosy scent of gardens, proved too much for Trevor to handle.

In five quick strides, Ana's perfume went to full power for him, her unmistakably beautiful eyes of brown blinked in recognition.

“Hey, Ana,” Trevor stuttered for a second. “You look beautiful tonight.” He couldn't believe he just said that to her.

Ana smiled at him. “You too, Trevor,” she hugged his large figure, with cup of punch in one hand.

Trevor didn't know why, but her voice played music to his ears, and he started having thoughts about her a week ago. From there, they began watching the dancers, and Trevor did his best to strike up conversation.

“How's the Literature Club doing?” he asked after a moment.

“Terrible,” she said nonchalantly. “How about football?”

“Pretty good,” he said. “But I'm glad to see you're doing good.”

“Ha ha,” Ana suddenly looked annoyed. “Oh God, here comes clown-face.”

Trevor turned to see a girl coming towards them, her heavy make-up and bright clothing visible from afar. That's Cecelia alright.

“Trevie!”

Being in football has it's price, he thought. “Hey there, Cecelia.”

“I'm so glad I found you,” she smiled. Cecelia then looked down at the floor, obviously wanting to ask him something. “Listen, I was wondering if you could.....you know, dance with me?”

That caught him off guard, and he knew it was time. “I'm uh.....sorry, Cecelia,” he said, turning to Ana. “I was just about to ask Ana here to a dance.” Cecelia and Ana looked at him in disbelief.

“Um....sure,” Ana said.

Trevor's heart skipped a beat, and he felt his stomach churn. He felt Ana's hand on his and they were in the middle of the dancing floor, and a slow dance melodies around her eyes. He couldn't steer away from her beautiful eyes, couldn't dance away from how her smile curved.

She felt small against his big height, resting her head on his shoulders. Trevor saw how cuter she looked, how fragile her figure was. Ana wasn't just an average girl, she was his everything.

“You did this to get to Cecelia,” Ana suggested after a moment. “Didn't you?”

Trevor looked back to her, and saw Cecelia pouting near the punch bowl. For a second, he felt bad for her, but if she kept going after him, she would find someone perfect. Like he has.

“Who said I wanted to get her?” he asked.

Ana raised an eyebrow. “What?”

Trevor sighed. “Listen, Ana,” he began. “There's something I've been wanting to tell you for a while. Can you keep a secret?”

“Sure,” Ana replied. “What is it?”

Trevor felt his heart race, and he just let the words flow. “I....We've been friends for a very long time,” he said. “We love the same music, the same subject.......and a lot of other things.” He paused. “We really know each other, and have been together for a very long time.”

Ana's eyes widened in surprise. “W-what are you saying?” she asked.

This is it,

Trevor knew he couldn't be afraid.

“I....I love you, Ana,”

Complete silence, not even the music boomed around them. Trevor felt his heart stop, his life wither away. He didn't know what would happen next, if he'd lose his best friend or keep her for the rest of his life and until the end of their lives. Trevor saw her eyes blink in disbelief, and them felt their burning gaze into his.

After an eternity, her gaping mouth closed, and her beautiful lips formed a smile that melted Trevor's heart.

Ana stood on her toes and put them to his ears. “I have another secret, Trevor,” she whispered. “I love you too.” Next thing he knew, their lips touched, and Trevor felt his entire body tingle to the sensation. He's kissed girls before, but her lips made him feel like it was his first time.

Trevor felt a thousand eyes fall on him all around them, looking at him and Ana in shock. He didn't care what others thought, as long as he had Ana with him.