One day | Teen Ink

One day

By 1DLover5 SILVER, Ventnor, New Jersey
1DLover5 SILVER, Ventnor, New Jersey

Keep Calm And Love One Direction <3

Their once was a girl who likes a guy. He was no ordinary guy. Yes, he was gorgeous and funny but their was something different about him. Maybe it was his brown eyes that I could get lost in. Maybe it was his radiant smile that could melt my heart faster than ice cream melting on a hot summer day. Or maybe it was his hair that resembled Harry Styles and Justin Biebers hair all in one. He was the reason I was happy to go to school everyday. He was the reason that I was happy all day and everyday. I would wake up every morning at 6:03 and do my hair just the right way and do my make up perfectly so I didn’t resemble a clown. I would spend hours the night before picking out my clothes and try to judge from a guys perspective. When I was near him I would spray my perfume and move around a lot. I would also try to think of questions to ask him so I would have an excuse to talk to him. I would drop things in front of him and him being a gentlemen and all he would pick whatever I dropped up. My friends would “accidentally” push me towards him so I could brush up against him. Everyday at school we would play basketball at recess and I try to talk to him its just that stupid cat that has my tongue. He would go off with his friends and I would watch him and yell at myself all at the same time. When I would see him walk home he would always be with a group of girls. I was jealous of course but what am I supposed to do? Go up to him and be awkward? But then one Thursday well March 7th to be exact we were playing basketball with a bunch of people, and he hit me in the head with the basketball. Perfect love story eh? He ran over to me and apologized a million times and that’s not even a hyperbole. I was so stunned that he was talking to me I couldn’t breathe!
“Hello?” He asked concerned.
“Yeah oh I’m fine its okay.” I heard myself say.
“Are you sure? It looked liked it must’ve hurt.” He responded.
“ I’m okay really I am.” I replied.
“Well at least let me take you to the nurse.” He insisted.
So off we went. The nurse was right around the corner so we didn’t have that much time for a conversation. But we had one anyway.
“I’m really sorry I didn’t mean to hit you.” He began.
“Its okay. Really I’m fine.” I responded.
“Hey eh what’s your name again?” He asked.
“Christina.” I answered.
“Pretty name. My names Dylan.” He told me.
“Nice to meet you Dylan.” I replied.
He walked me to the nurses office and we said goodbye to each other. As soon as I was about to go in I heard him call my name.
“Yeah?” I replied.
“I like your perfume.” He said and walked toward his next class.

gowritingmusic SILVER, San Diego, California

If you think you can do it, anything is possible

WOW! Love it... brought a smile to my face :)

Bethany_Saint GOLD, Dexter, Maine

"Never regret something that once made you smile." - Amber Deckers

"Stories are more than just images. As you continue in the tale, you get to know the characters, motivations and conflicts that make up the core of the story...." - Livia Blackburne

This is an awesome story!!! I love it!!! Five stars from me! Also adding it to my favorites, it's be a waste if I didnt!!

cmd1221 BRONZE said...
cmd1221 BRONZE, Ventnor, New Jersey

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

comment!!!!

LordHelen SILVER, Lompoc, California

"Yesterday is the time you will never get back and tomorrow is the next yesterday."

I liked this. I guess I'm a romance nut because there is no good story without romance. This one...I don't think I'll forget it. Which is odd. It's not striking. Not a woeful tragedy between lovers or anything. It's the simplicity. This is a modern love story, something that any girl goes through. A crush that she can't seem to talk to. And the ending...holds so much promise and mystery. The perfect to end it. When I say great job, I really mean it. Great job.