Cherry Flavored Kisses

"I'll call you later," David told me after school.

"Okay," I lightly smiled as I turned towards my locker. Dave touched my shoulder and spun me around, grabbing both my hands in his. I looked up at his soft, green eyes as he pulled me close to him and kissed me on my forehead.

"What was that for ?" I laughed. I could tell I was blushing.

"For being you," he smiled.

"Dave ! We're gonna be late for practice," someone yelled from down the hallway.

Dave laughed. Our fingers were intertwined as he pulled me closer and told me he could stay a little longer.

"Dave, I'm not going on that."

"Kate, yes you are," Dave mocked while nudging my arm.

I smiled at him, and then looked up at the tall roller coaster ahead of us. "Are you serious?"

"Of course I am. It'll be fun. Besides, I'm here to keep you safe."

I had to laugh at his attempt to sound heroic. "Okay, fine," I agreed.

Dave took my hand and raced to the end of the line. We came to a stop behind a group of guys from school. I expected Dave to start a conversation with them, so I leaned back against the cool railing. Dave said "hey" and turned towards me and grasped my waist. He looked into my hazel eyes and whispered, "so are you excited ?"

I smiled. "Yeah I'm excited, but we have to sit in the front row."

"So you're not scared anymore?"

"Hah, no. I'm still scared, but you're here to keep me safe," I teased.

Dave laughed and took a step closer to me as he kissed me on my cheek.

"Kate, the grass is so cold !"

"That is why I brought us a lovely blanket."

"Very smart."

"Why thank you, I thought so too," I smiled.

I laid the smooth, blue blanket on the grass and we both sat down. Dave put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer until I was resting against his chest. We watched the sun go down and change from a light pink to violet.

"Skittles ?" Dave asked.

I laughed as he produced an extra large bag of Skittles from his jacket pocket. We threw away all of the colors we didn't like until the grass was scattered with rainbow candies and the palms of our hands were filled with only orange and red.

We popped the Skittles into our mouths and continued watching the sun-set. Dave took a strand of my caramel hair and gently put it behind me ear. I faced him, and he smiled at me. Then he kissed my lips. Cherry was always my favorite flavor.

"Why does the school charge so much for lunch ?" I complained one afternoon.

"Because they can," Dave stated while handing over five dollars to one of the lunch ladies.

"Forget it, I'm just gonna get an iced tea. I'll meet you at the table."

"Okay."

I played with my dollar bill until the machine would accept it, then I put in the the random combination of letters and numbers. I turned around facing the lunch tables and spotted Dave. He was facing the other direction across from Brielle Rite.

I sighed and walked toward the table. Brielle had her eye on Dave since freshman year. She couldn't stand the fact that Dave didn't like her at all, and she hated me for it. I was standing behind Dave when she looked right at me and said, "why do you even like her?"

My instant reaction was to cut in and tell Dave not to even answer that, but instead he said "I don't like her." I felt as though someone slapped me in the face. First I was shocked, and then completely embarrassed as Brielle began to smirk. I turned away, prepared to run out of the cafeteria all together when Dave said, "I love her, there is a difference."

I spun around feeling entirely stupid and said, "I love you too." Brielle gave me the dirtiest look, but Dave just shifted to face me. "What was that for ?" he blushed.

"For being you."

jadaandre12 said...
Sep. 12 at 12:27 pm
I like that it has a lot of emotion post more

KylineFThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 29 at 10:10 pm
I liked your story but you should add some more details.  The ending was really cute.

DerpShakeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love it, but it is a bit cliche. Maybe if it was longer, and more detailed, with maybe something about their families interwoven in there, it would be really good.

Thomas.S.B. said...
Cute story, but very clished. Fairly repetitive with the story segments. I don't think the relationship will work out...

Winters_WillowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
  A really cute story, I liked the way you ended it! Though I felt like the different sections didn't really connect, it definitely showed that Dave and Kate liked each other.   

oliviajocson said...
Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:30 am
Aw!! So cute. Simple and sweet!

Nessa13 said...
May 22, 2013 at 10:14 am
I want that relationship!! lol Why is it so hard to find it<3

EatSleepWrite95 said...
That's so sweet! So cute

LindzL said...
amazing, just amazing!!!!! loved it!!

BookLOver808 said...
Sept. 24, 2009 at 11:36 am
AWWWW. That was sweet.

Jacquelyn M. said...
I loved it! Come back with more! All I can say is: AWWWWWWW!