If Only You Knew

I laughed as he picked me up into the air and spun us around. He had just heard good news. News that he was on track for graduation and I couldn't be more proud of him. He was my best friend. His name was Holland.

When we first met, I hated his guts. I hated everything about him. He was cocky, he was arrogant, and he was a bad boy. He failed his classes, he skipped school all the time, and he was famous with all the girls. If you know what I mean. I hated him so much, I forgot he even existed at one point in life, until of course he came up to me and told me I was a total snob and a know it all. Like that was a bad thing to be honest. After that, it was like we could never be torn apart. We would always argue, we would always fight, and we would always get into trouble. It was all his fault really. I had a short temper and he was the only person to ever test me. I mean EVER!

I can't say I hate him now though. He's changed my life just as much as he claims I changed his. I'm a whole other person when I'm with him. I'm myself actually. I'm not the goody two shoes girl who got straight As in every class and was president of every club. Not anymore I wasn't. He showed me how to stand up for myself, he showed me how not to be afraid, he showed me how to live. I sort of kind of love him with all my heart and soul, but he doesn't know that. He's too caught up with his love life with his girlfriend named Celeste. He was my best friend though, I will support him even if I was jealous of Celeste or deeply in love with him. I just couldn't tell him that. That was too much of a big risk to our friendship.

"Earth to Vanessa!" He says after snapping a couple of fingers in my face and I blinked looking into his eyes.

"Oh I'm sorry, did I space out? I guess I was too excited about such great news" I say and hugged him once more.

"Thanks Ness, it means the world coming from you. After all you are the miracle worker who got me back on track. So cheers to the bad club duo. You and me against the world till we lay to rest. That's a promise" He says and lifts me up and swung me around again.

"I wish it was true" I thought to myself and smiled as he put me back down.

He grabbed my hand and we walked down the hall, swinging our hands like a bunch of little girls. If this moment could last forever...it would break my heart.