Love Story With Magic Realism | Teen Ink

Love Story With Magic Realism

By Kunicorn SILVER, Boston, Massachusetts
Kunicorn SILVER, Boston, Massachusetts

"Love," Fax wrote. "The color of her eyes/the sway in her hips/the softness in her voice/the plumpness in her lips/the silk in her hair/It's the feeling I get whenever she smiles and whenever she laughs./Her happiness is my happiness/The pain I get from seeing her frown is/Unbearable/Valerie/Valerie/Valerie/Be Mine." He finished up to poem and felt depleted and futile.

He sighed in sadness as he realized that she would never be his. Her heart belonged to another that could never treat it with such tenderness as he could. The thought of them two together tore him a part, but he shook of the depressing idea of never having her and walked out of the school's library and to his first period class, gym. The class he hated the most. Being the dorkiest and most non-athletic person in all of Crimson High School, it is understandable why he hates gym. To top it off, Valerie and her jock-head boyfriend, Manny, will be there to see him make a complete couple fool of himself.

"Okay class, get into two teams and play a game of basketball," Coach Rogers yelled after blowing his whistle. The class eventually got into two equal groups and left Fax in the middle unable to decide with team to join. Either way, he wasn't wanted on either side. Coach Roger noticed Fax's dilemma and yelled, "Let's just do boys versus girls,"
"I guess you're on their team," Manny said pushing Fax and making him fall into the crowd of girls.
"Manny!" Valerie scoffed. "Stop being so rude," Valerie yelled to him as she helped Fax up from off the gymnasium floor. "Are you okay Fax?" She asked, blushing and leaving him starstruck.
"Y-Yeah," He said in awe as he gazed into her basic brown-yet beautiful-eyes.
"Sorry. He can be such a jerk sometimes,"
"Sometimes? More like all the time," he muttered. She giggled and brushed her jet black hair behind her ears.
"Let's just have a good game," She smiled, gracefully walked to her side of the court as he stood there trying to climb down from cloud nine.

During lunch, Fax sat in his sanctuary, the school library, and ate alone. As usual. After taking the last bite of his sandwich, he dug into his bag, looking for his personal book. He panicked as he realized it wasn't in there; he jumped up and dumped the contents on his bag onto the floor and frantically searched. Still, nothing. He paced back and forth as he tried to remember the last time he had.
"Where could it be?" He thought to himself. "The gym!"

He ran out of the library and down the hallway. Since it was lunch, many people were in the hallway with their friends. His heart paced as he pushed through the people. The things in that book were too personal. It had nothing but poems, and at Crimson High, poems weren't the manliest things. Sweat trickled down his face as he burst through the gym doors and found Valerie standing there reading his book. He stopped and felt as if he wanted to cry. He felt the cloak of vulnerability take of him as he continued to watch her flip through the pages of his heart.

"D-Did you write this?" She asked with her eyes glued to the pages. He stayed silent and looked down, too embarrassed to speak.
"L-Look, I didn't mean to be creepy it's just-"
"Creepy?" She scoffed. "I-It's so sweet," She blushed and ran to hug him. He smiled not knowing whether it was okay to hug her back. "Can I show you something?" He nodded, still too speechless to speak. Valerie went into her bag and took out a similar composition notebook. He opened it and saw similar poems.
"Are these about Manny?" He looked to his feet, getting ready to get shot down.
"No..they're about you?"

Just an assignment from my creative writing class that i thought was decent enough to publish. Lol ENJOY ! :D <3

Simko said...
on Nov. 23 2019 at 7:58 am
Simko, Henley On Thames, Other
It's really nice I enjoyed with reading it and learned many words. Thanks