Fallen | Teen Ink

Fallen

By AngelOnTheATeam PLATINUM, Mountain Home, Arkansas
AngelOnTheATeam PLATINUM, Mountain Home, Arkansas

"No One Ever Gets To Know What Could Have Been."

"Where do we go from here? Huh?" The younger brunette yells at the older man. "How do we do this?"
Aaron continues looking at her calmly. "I don't know, Faith."
Faith growls loudly and grips her hair between her fingers. "I don't know what to do anymore! There's nothing left. I just... I just..." Faith begins to cry.
Aaron wraps his arms around his sobbing lover.
"It's not fair!" Faith yells. Aaron hushes her and rocks gently from side to side.
"There are rules, Faith. Breaking the rules require accepting the consequences. We knew this would happen."
Faith is still crying on his shoulder. "It's a stupid rule!" Her pouting makes Aaron chuckle softly. Faith growls at him.
"It's not up to us. He's the Alpha... The Omega... The Almighty."
Faith sniffles. "I know, but it still isn't fair. No emotion allowed in the kingdom of Paradise?"
Aaron pets his counterparts hair softly. "It the only way to keep peace and happiness. Contentedness is the result of emotional leprosy. We are only angels, Faith. We were nothing special."
Faith laughed sardonically. "We were only angels. We are nothing special."
Aaron sighs dramatically. "All angels look forward to the festival of mortals. Being emotional; feeling love and hate... Fear and excitement. We are... were... just expected to show will and obedience until that night."
Faith looks down. "I couldn't wait."
Aaron laces their fingers together with a smile. "Don't look so sad. You only eternally damned us."
Faith glares at him. "Well when you put it that way, right? Our halos were broken and our wings were burned off! It's all my fault..." Faith says sadly.
Aaron kisses her with all the passion of a fool in love. "You forsaken our God; blatantly broke his rules- just to kiss me. How can I be upset? I think it was romantic. And, if we be damned to remain on Earth alone, so be it. A minute with you beats a forever in paradise without you, that’s the only thing I know, Faith. It’s the only thing I want to know.”