Friendships and Love | Teen Ink

Friendships and Love

By hayliebean GOLD, Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
hayliebean GOLD, Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin

\"a friend will help you feel better when u and he break up but a best friend will call him whispering \'seven days...\'\"
-anonymous? i think

Yes, you are a good friend to me. No, I don't want to feel this way about you, but I do. You know that I care about you. You don't know that I want to be with you. It hurts so much that you are in love with my best friend. She doesn't even love you back! I know it's not your fault, but I just can't seem to get over it. You only think of me as a friend, though. And I can be okay with that. For a little while anyways, but I am not sure how long I can last, just being friends. Do I want to ruin our friendship, though? Do I want to take the chance of us never being the same again?

So, for now at least, I will stay your friend, and I will be there for you when you need me. I know you will be there when I need you too. Maybe someday, you will return the feelings, but maybe not. I will find someway to live with it, wont I? Someday, I will.

I am falling for my friend, and he doesn't know it yet. I don't know if he ever will, but I knew I had to let it out somehow. What better way to get it out than writing?