Kind of In Love | Teen Ink

Kind of In Love

By Luckystar78 ELITE, London, Other
Luckystar78 ELITE, London, Other

"..though warm as summer it was fresh as spring." (Thomas Hardy) ("Far from the Madding crowd")

Sometimes I thought that everyone carried a piece of world that was just theirs. Like wearing 3D glasses or peering through a keyhole – everyone’s vision was different. What was normal? I couldn’t decide. I only knew that most of my life, it felt like I had been living a dream.

Until now. Until he kissed me.

It was dizzy and electrifying and scary, sure – but it was real; it was fire, and I felt it like I never had with anyone else.

So maybe it was too late for me, too. Or maybe I had finally found out what romance really meant. It used to be something to scoff at…cringe at…giggle at…and envy. But now I had my own snatch of it, and the world was like it never had been before. Filled with crazy, unimaginable possibilities.

It was weird how things shifted like that. It was almost as though I could feel time passing, see myself grow a few inches taller. I didn’t know whether change was good: I just knew it was here, whether I liked it or not.

And I knew there was no going back. Because we were kind of in love.