The Guy who cares | Teen Ink

The Guy who cares

July 13, 2013
By Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York
15 articles 0 photos 63 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong." Robin Williams


I know who you are, we always talk. You tell me everything. I hide your secrets. You raise my hopes, making me feel that a chance exists. I play along. I let you cry on my shoulder. I let you use me, I let you abuse me. I drop my life for yours. You come to me when the world is tough. I am your rock...Yet inside I cry. I watch you flourish. While I work the sidelines. Finally I make my move. I pour out my heart. Then i hold open my hand and a rose appears, grown through love. You smile and kiss my cheek. "Thank you" you reply with a smile. I go to hug you but before I can you turn. I watch you walk away. You hand it to another man. I watch you embrace him. A simple kiss. I watch the rose die in his hand I prepare myself to pick you up when you fall. I reopen my hand and watch a new rose appear. I close my hand around it and close my eyes. I smile. I wish you guys the best of luck. I go back to the sidelines and wait. I wait for you and i hold you and I keep you strong. Even though I’m never your choice I am always there. Throughout your entire life. My devotion never dies. Why would a man possibly go through this for nothing...Because I’m the guy who cares...