The Guy who cares | Teen Ink

The Guy who cares

By Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York

"What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong." Robin Williams

I know who you are, we always talk. You tell me everything. I hide your secrets. You raise my hopes, making me feel that a chance exists. I play along. I let you cry on my shoulder. I let you use me, I let you abuse me. I drop my life for yours. You come to me when the world is tough. I am your rock...Yet inside I cry. I watch you flourish. While I work the sidelines. Finally I make my move. I pour out my heart. Then i hold open my hand and a rose appears, grown through love. You smile and kiss my cheek. "Thank you" you reply with a smile. I go to hug you but before I can you turn. I watch you walk away. You hand it to another man. I watch you embrace him. A simple kiss. I watch the rose die in his hand I prepare myself to pick you up when you fall. I reopen my hand and watch a new rose appear. I close my hand around it and close my eyes. I smile. I wish you guys the best of luck. I go back to the sidelines and wait. I wait for you and i hold you and I keep you strong. Even though I’m never your choice I am always there. Throughout your entire life. My devotion never dies. Why would a man possibly go through this for nothing...Because I’m the guy who cares...

Waistband GOLD said...
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York

Thank you so much. :) I'm glad that you feel and see that way with my writings. I try to get the reader involved with it and I'm very happy that it worked for you. And I consider my writing a little more of "poetic stories" because not all of it is necessarily a fiction, non-fiction, nor poetry as it blends it all together into a single literary work. I'm glad you noticed that and enjpyed it.  

LoonyLoopyLupin GOLD, Raynham, Massachusetts

"I am proud of who I am. I believe in what I do." -Pavel Chekov (Star Trek The Original Series, episode: "The Way To Eden")

Is it poetry? Or is it prose? I can't tell, and I like that about it. Glancing over a couple of your other poems (I'll read them in-depth in a few moments), that seems to be a constant with your style; your fiction is as (for lack of a better word) poetic as your poetry. It's lovely. I feel a little intrusive talking about the personal subject matter here, so I'll keep this short. This perspective is heartbreaking. With my being a girl, I've never seen this side of things, but after reading your piece I feel like I have. Not just because I can personally relate to the situation, but also because your words are so vivid. Not only do I feel for you, I feel -with- you. That can be a hard thing to do with writing, inspiring empathy in the reader. Very well done.