A Letter To Love | Teen Ink

A Letter To Love

Melancholy.Musings.of.a.Silly.Girl. PLATINUM, Islamabad, Other

"I tell you that there are terrible temptations that it requires strength, strength and courage, to yeild to."- Oscar Wilde, An Ideal Husband.

Dear Love,

You hurt me and yet I crave you.

I wish you could kick me in the gut and come to me again and make me do all the stupid things that I've always done. I wish you could affect me in a way that makes me give up all my Dignity, my Hopes, my Dreams and Ambtions. I wish you could pull me to your arms and kiss me again. I wish for my hand to be clasped firmly in yours.

Dignity is furious at you. You made her sacrifice herself for you Love and then you went away. She is angry that she gave up her hold on me and my soul for no reason. Had you stayed Love, she would have been content with her sacrifice.

Ambition is, for the lack of a better word, broken. She was once content with loliness. She had embraced it. But then you came along Love. You showed her a future she had never dared to dream of and changed the very fiber of her being. She is no longer what she once was, and cannot be what she thought she could become. You broke her.

My Lips are lonely. They want to be kissed again. Most of all, they want to be kissed by you Love. They remember the taste. They remember how sweet a kiss by Love is. They remember how soft it is. Please don't let them forget.

Hope's and Dreams dont know what to make of you. You created something that Dreams had never come across. And as for Hope, she is tired of delivering me to the hand of Pain.

And as for Pain, she is tired. She wants to rest. But now that you went away there is no rest for her. She is called to her duty night and day.

My hands are restless. They cannot be still anymore. Your hands were like a warm glove on an icy night for them. And now they are never still. They search for you and your grip, and for Peace.

Peace and I miss each other. But she cannot come Home to me, for she is your companion and cannot abandon you. Thank you for making us meet one another, but I wish you had let us stay together.

And as for my Home. I have lost it. He wandered away on that night you left and lost his way. It was a very dark night and every night since has been just as black. Maybe if you come back we can find Home, our Home together, for he can only be found at night, but no matter how much I look I cannot find him alone.

But come back and we will forgive.

What cannot forgive you Love?

You who are the greatest amongst us?

You who give us purpose and meaning to us?

You who change us.

You who blind us to all but you!

You who we cannot be without because Life at all moments reminds us of you and reminds us that she is nothing without you!

You who is all to us.
And we, who are all to you.

Come back Love, and if you wont, then We wish you had not come to Us at all.

Yours alway

This is partially inspired by the Girl.With.Issues piece "The Boy in White Sneakers".
Its also what I feel. I've done a lot of stupid things when I'm lonely and sad and hurt so I'm hoping that writing it all out will be the healthier alternative.
Who knows! =P

Lover boy said...
on Jul. 22 2013 at 11:41 am
I think this is a very astute peice of writing there. 
Very well put and just hats off

on Jul. 22 2013 at 10:39 am
TheDuchess GOLD, Johannesburg, Other

"Who are you?" - Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 5

"And nothing 'gainst Time's scythe can make defence
Save breed, to brave him when he takes thee hence."
-William Shakespeare,When I Do Count The Clock That Tells The Time

Beautifully put. I love the personification of dignity, ambition, home and hopes and dreams.

PrayerGirl said...
on Jul. 22 2013 at 2:49 am
PrayerGirl, Urbandale, Iowa

The difference between try and triumph, is just a little umph.

This was absolutely amazing, and such a creative perspective to write from.