Stupid Birthday Card | Teen Ink

Stupid Birthday Card

June 29, 2013
By KodiDaniels BRONZE, Lubbock, Texas
KodiDaniels BRONZE, Lubbock, Texas
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain." - Mark Twain


I looked at the hallmark in my hands and couldn’t believe it, it was just so sweet. I sunk onto the couch and lifted a hand to cover my mouth. “Stana? Do you want white or red...” But I just stared at the beautiful card in my lap. The couch sagged a little as he sat next to me.

“To the greatest thing that has happened to me since coffee. You make each of my days more exciting. Happy Birthday.”

“Are you crying?”
I rubbed under my lenses and quickly mumbled “No.”
“Oh my God, you’re crying!”
I smacked him lightly on the stomach “I am not! I just, I just have something in my eye.”
He laughed and said “Ok, if you’re going to fib, at least make it less cliche.”
One peek at him and words just spilled out. “I can’t remember the last time someone gave me something as sweet as this.”
He reached up slowly and took my glasses off of my face, slowly arching his thumb to wipe a tear away. “Oh love, it was just a card. I can write you a crappy one right now if you want. It will say ‘Nice rack, Happy B-day!’”
I scowled at him "You think you're clever,"
And he grinned "Of course I am, I didn't know that was up for debate." Miles folded me into his ridiculously firm but comfy arms and he kissed the top of my head. A moment later I felt the soft pressure of his cheek resting on my hair. "I can't believe that you cried over my stupid card." he chuckled and I could feel the deep vibrations in his chest.
"Shut up...it wasn't stupid, it was beautiful." I mumbled


The author's comments:
Fluff, so much fluff I think it's killing me... Well a friend of mine and I write together and she is on a hiatus and its slowly strangling my creativity. So I decided to write some sappy stuff between our characters.