Misery

He had dreamed a place where he was king, a place where he could see through anything.
She had dreamed of a friend, and friend that would be there 'til the end.
Together, they made their dreams take flight, together; they burned as bright as firelight.
Then one day he was forced to choose, between himself or her.
He took his phone and sent a text. One word was all he wrote, "Goodbye".
When he went to pay his dues, the challenger was waiting. He teased and taunted about how he had won, but did it really matter?
When she saw, She came running to his aid, but she was already much too late, for when she got there, there was only a rush of air, and a crash.

_EmmmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:49 pm:
Really loved it! Felt like I was there with the characters.

spiderlily replied...
Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:26 am :
Thank you!

CreativeClaire said...
Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:50 am:
It's surprising and different, I like it a lot!  One thing is that when you switched from rhyming to not rhyming I was thrown off guard.   It's a really good piece! 

spiderlily replied...
Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:16 pm :
Thank you!

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 23, 2013 at 5:00 pm:
Wow, this is really good. For such a short piece, it's memorable! :)

spiderlily replied...
Jun. 23, 2013 at 5:02 pm :
Thank you!