Spring in Our Hearts | Teen Ink

Spring in Our Hearts

By ethanwrite BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
ethanwrite BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

“Just kiss me, Bryan!” She pulled me in close and we kissed. When I opened my eyes, the crystal-snow was gone, the frigid breeze was gone. The wintry forest had been replaced with an early spring day. Where there was once nothing on the tree, it now bears a bough full of bright green leaves. And the once-gray sky has now revealed a beautiful blue sky. Mara looked me in the eyes and smiled, “You are the one.”

“Mara,” I began. “You are as beautiful as this spring morning. I guess I never realized the beauty of our relationship until you kissed me,” I stroked her hair.

"Then let’s be together forever,” She said. “We shall never leave this meadow!” She clasped my hands to her cheek. “Our parents will not be able to tell us we cannot be together.”

I stood up and walked over to a patch of roses and picked a few, then went over and found some tulips, and created a bouquet for Mara.

“Just like these flowers!” I exclaimed. “No one can tell them not to look beautiful together,” I handed her the flowers.
“Oh, Bryan, I love you!” Mara hugged me until the sun set and the crickets sang us softly to sleep in each others’ arms.

There's beauty in everything. You just have to find it.