Love can conquer all | Teen Ink

Love can conquer all

May 27, 2013
By CreativeEagle BRONZE, Minerva, Ohio
CreativeEagle BRONZE, Minerva, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Thank you captain obvious!Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought it back.


"Please." I plead grasping his hand in between mine. " Please don't leave me." I choked back on my sobs.
The beeping that was once just a sound in the back of my head, a background noise was brought up to the front of my mind as it slowed and came to a stop.
" Gah!!" Tear's clouded my vision as i gripped Jamie's hand my nails digging up his skin.
Suddenly i dropped his hand and stood. Turning like a robot i ran out of the room.
I don't know how or when i ended up at the park but before i knew it was standing in front of the swings i loved so much.
memories flooded into mind. Starting at the beginning.

it wasn't so bad being invisible. it had it's advantages. i could get away with anything. if i wanted too. not that i did.
However being invisible had it's downs too. the fact that i saw pictures and photo's of people having the greatest of times. it hurt. real bad.
but i would bear it. i would put of a brave face. not that anyone would notice.
then he came.
I was at the park like usual. swinging back and forth lightly.
i listen to the familiar creak of the rusty old chains.
I had my back on the rest of the park. On the kids who ran while screaming shrieks of joy. On the teenage boy's who jumped their bikes and the girls who watched there eye's filled with jealousy and wonder.
I didn't want to look at them. i stared at the creek noticing the tiny moving object's through the water.
then he sat down. He sat staring at the park like he didn't notice me then he began to talk.
" you look sad."
i wasn't sure at first if he was talking to me.
I Glanced at him and he was staring intently at my face.
" Are.. Are you talking to me?" I whisper.
He chuckled. " Yes, I am." his eye's never left my face. It made me fidget.
"O-oh." i started to twist and untwist my finger's over and over again. An action i did when i was nervous.
There was a long awkward pause of silence.
"What's your name?" He asks.
" Amy." I say to quickly. I couldn't believe he was talking to me.
He smiles at me and says " I'm Jamie." I noticed to much how handsome he was.
He had tan skin and his black hair was a Mohawk a streak running across the top, his brown eye's were the color of burnt copper. He had thin lips, that pulled up into a smile his white teeth peeking out.
"Jamie." I repeated quietly.
He heard me and laughed.

I Leaned my head against the thin chain and let the tear's fall as i remembered our first meeting.
Sobs raked my body and i shook
with each one. It hurt badley almost too much, to remember how he came to the park with me everyday. How my family fell in love with him. How much more i was in love with him. I sucked in a deep breath.

It was a normal day. last night i had taken Jamie over to my house and my family liked him. Of course they would like anyone who would hang out with there boring no-friend daughter.
Jamie came and sat down next to me looking down right terrible today.
His lips curved into a grimace as he sat and his hair was unbrushed and all over the place. No that i didn't approve. He still looked pretty hot.
he turned to look at me under his eye's were light purple bags an indication of his lack of sleep.
"Amy." His voice was hoarse.
I Looked at him. "What's up?"
"C-Can I... I was thinking about something...." He sounded nervous.
I had never seen Jamie nervous. this was new.
Suddenly His face turned Right red.
My eye's widen in alarm. "Jamie, Are you alright?" I ask leaning in to examine his face.
He looked at me intently. "Can i kiss you?"
I leaned back an inch. he leaned forward.
"Ah..Ah.I... do-... y-you..." I flushed and didn't finish my sentence. No wonder he was red.
He leaned in one hand on the back of my neck pressed his lips to mine softly. My lips were cracked and dry and it hurt but i felt my emotion's and feelings swirling inside me and it doubled out the pain. i felt my self wanting more but my body wouldn't move. i was frozen stiff.
He pulled away and a smile played on his lips but he hid it waiting to see my reaction.
A full blown smile swept across my face and i took a deep breath in.
"Wow." was all i could say.

I fell off the swing onto my knee's.
I let out a wail and shoved the bottom of my palms into my eye's.
"Jamie!" I cried.
I slowly cried my self out and it wasn't until after dark when i heard the voices.
I could hear my father's panicked tone and my mother high shrill of a voice.
" Amy!" they called.
I saw the swooping of flash light's over the park and the sound of a car engin.
I was curled up on my side when the beam of the light hit my stomach. " I found her!" i could hear my brother yell.
he ran over the light jerking back in forth with the movement of his arms.
My dad beat him. "Amy!" He said his voice was closer now. " Are you okay dear?"
" I think she's sleeping." a male voice i did not know says.

I let my eye's drift open and close as i drifted in and out of sleep. When i was awake and sure i wasn't going to fall back asleep i got up and walk out of the dark room. A haze clouded my mind and thoughts.
I stood in the hall of the second floor of my house for a moment before i slowly descended the stair's.
At the Bottom my family sat in the dinning room eating breakfast.
Kile, My younger brother smiled at me.
it knocked the breath out of me a little. to see him smile like that at me. i thought the last time I'd see that smile was when he was ten.
three year's later here it is again.
" Jamie.." He said pausing deliberately.
I stumbled back a step. ouch. i felt like my heart had been tore open.
" he survived." Kile continued.
I stared wide eyed at my brother before flicking my gaze to my parent's.
"I'm dreaming? I said tilting my head.
The dining room waved off kilter.
My mother, Miley Shakes her head.
"He's alive. been waiting to see you.."
That caught me off guard. he was already up?
"How long have i been out?" i ask only faintly remembering the times i woke up to eat and drink before dozing off again.
"Three day's." My dad says his voice gruff. " We thought you went into a coma. Doc said you where in a state of shock and your body needed to protect itself so you slept through it."
I walked to the door slipping on my slipper's and coat I turned slightly and glanced at my family.
They only stared at me none of them bothering to stop me.
"have fun. dont forgetm be back by ten:thirt!y" My mother calls before i shut the door.
I smile at her through the glass window.
Why wasn't i happy? was i mad he was alive. Was i mad that i spent hour's crying out in the cold because i thought he died but he somehow lived?
No. I thought to my self. I was in a state of shock.
then the haze around my mind lifted and i was running. fifteen block passed in the blink of an eye and i was bursting through the door's of the hospital and bounding up the stair's not patient enough to take the elevator.
Three story's up i ran into room 422 and then stopped. the toll of running starting to take it toll.
Jamie was rolled on his side sleeping soundly.
i walked up to him and sent my hand down on his head in a fast motion but only touched him lightly.
His eye's fluttered open and his eye lashes glinted in the sunlight. They were so long I wondered how they didn't get tangled every time he blinked.
Jamie looks up at my and smiles.
"Hi." he said smiling.
"jerk." I grumble but a smile spits my face in two.
" Don't ever scare me like that again." I whisper sitting down on his bed.
"Never." He promises.


The author's comments:
This is my first time writing somthing like this. So i hope you like it.