Losing This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Something inside of her had broken. It was a subtle change- a single spider web on the surface of her skin- but it was there nonetheless. He didn’t know exactly what had struck her, but he could feel it in her rigid posture, see it in her half smile, taste it in her laughter. She no longer carried herself like a princess. She slipped in and out of the limelight like a goddess unsure of her own existence.
He said her name. She did not move. He said it again and touched her shoulder. For a half moment, pain and confusion flashed across her features as if the words had been that of a curse and the touch had been that of a flame.
She smiled. He did not look away from her until he was sure he saw the emotion seep into her eyes. Then he pressed a kiss to her forehead: a jewel on the crown of affection he adorned her with.
A cloud passed over the moon and in the shadows her facial expression was indiscernible.

Godinspiresher43This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 6 at 10:59 pm
Oh my gosh, everything I've read so far that you've written I undertsnad what you are saying perfectly. :) One of the key things to any successful piece (of any type of writing) is the ability to communicate and speak to your audience your idea and you've been doing this wonderfully so far.

paigeswifka This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:57 am
This is an incredibly beautiful piece. It is very well written and you did an amazing job with detail and making sure that your readers can see the image you wanted them to see.

AngelPromises said...
this is really intresting and deep

LittleLadybird said...
This is amazing and adorable and sad and just wow!