Inspiration | Teen Ink

Inspiration

May 22, 2013
By MeggiMarie BRONZE, Monroe, Georgia
MeggiMarie BRONZE, Monroe, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Don't take life to seriously, no one get out alive anyway ;)


“Blueberry muffins,
Soft and sweet,
Warm in my mouth,
Nurturing to my stomach...”

“No, no, no.” I thought to myself quickly scratching out the small poetry entry, “No one cares about muffins.” I needed inspiration to write again and sitting outside this small coffee shop was not going to help. I glanced around trying to find something that would catch my eye. A small bird on a quest for crumbs? An old man reading the daily newspaper? A young child craving for his mother’s attention? Or young lovers lost in another world? Nothing. There was nothing worth writing about. Maybe I am being a bit pessimistic. I am not normally a negative person but sometimes days like these hit people. Days when everything seems to be working against you. Days when you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Yeah, today was that kind of day. Sighing I walked into the small coffee shop tossed the remains of my blueberry muffin in the trash.
I decided to order a coffee thinking it might cheer me up. The young employee made my drink and handing it to me saying, “Be careful it is hot” I nodded and gave her money, which she put in the cash register. As I turned around my cell phone rang informing me that I had a text message. It was my mom saying, “Remember your cousins wedding is at 1pm.” Crap!” I said mentally kicking myself for forgetting the wedding. The wedding was in about two hours and I didn’t even have a dress. Just as I was about to reply I ran straight into someone. My coffee went everywhere. “Oh my gosh! I am so sorry!” I said frantically trying to brush the hot coffee off of my cream blouse. “It’s all good”, A masculine voice said, “Just a little hot.” He added with a bit of amusement. I looked up to see who my coffee victim was. I was surprised to see emerald green eyes and a warm smile. He was beautiful. His clear skin glowed and his messy hair looked like silk. My whole world turned emerald green as I stared into his eyes. “Can I buy you another coffee?” He asked breaking my gaze. I wanted to say yes but I had to go. I couldn’t blow off my cousin’s wedding. I tried to reply but I couldn’t find words.
“No” I finally said blushing when I realized how rude I sounded.
“No?” He asked slightly disappointed.
“No.” I replied still stuck in his eyes.
“How about yes?” He asked hopeful.
“No, I need to be somewhere.” I said smiling.
“Okay.” He said, “Maybe another time?”
“Maybe.” I replied. With a sigh I walked away from him. I walked away from a compete stranger. I couldn’t help but feel as if he wasn’t a stranger. We talked for less then a minute yet it felt like eternity. I turned around before opening the door. He was still standing there, in the middle of the small coffee shop. His blue shirt stained with my coffee and his emerald eyes looking at me. He smiled and my heart fell. It took everything I had to walk out that door. I found myself walking down the sidewalk in a trance and smiling like an idiot.
My cell phone rang nearly giving me a heart attack. It was my mother. “ Hello?” I said.
“You didn’t reply to my text” She said a bit frustrated.
“Sorry I got caught up in something” I said thinking back on the coffee incident.
“Well I assumed you would forget about Cassie’s wedding,” She said, “So I bought you a dress to wear.”
“Thank you so much!” I said relieved, “I will be there in a little bit.”
“Hurry, we have to be there early,” My mom said before hanging up. I made my way to my parent’s house silently thinking about the guy with green eyes. I found myself wondering: What was his name? Where was he from? What was he like? I finally had something to write about.


The author's comments:
enjoy :)