its a hard life! | Teen Ink

its a hard life!

May 17, 2013
By bloodrayne24 BRONZE, Sherman, Texas
bloodrayne24 BRONZE, Sherman, Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
silence is a girls loudest cry.


Paws thumping against the hard ground, heart racing I’m being chased by I don’t know who. Whoever is chasing me smells familiar which is weird!
I awake to the damn alarm clock! Fudge nuggets! I drag my butt out of bed and turn my radio on really loud….. And hit the shower ugggg! I hate mornings… but I have to go to school. I get in the shower with the hot water running down my back...trying to wash of my nightmare away I don’t know why I keep having it, I think my subconscious mind is trying to tell me something this is totally freaking me out! The full moon is this Saturday and today is Monday…. I leave the bathroom go to my dresser and put my undergarments on, shimmy into my skinny jeans and put my undershirt on then my b.v.b ( black veiled brides )t-shirt on… jump into my black ankle boots. Slowly put my makeup on grab my bag and keys and leave my room…and go to my cousin Nellie’s room and bang on her door and say “Wake your butt up I’m going to Starbooks and you better be ready to go when I get back, you want what you normally get right?” “Yes duh I mean you should know that by now seriously Rayne. I thought you know me better than that “she said with only a little mock hurt tone. “Whatever you drama queen!” I yell back. Goddess I hate having that dream my instinct keeps telling me that it’s my “supposable” mate is chasing me... I’m a female alpha of my Pack without a mate! How sad is that... Just thinking about it makes me fill stupid... “Rayne hey are you okay? Answer me!”Nellie says worriedly. And that snaps me from my thoughts about my dream.” Yeah I’m okay just thinkin… so um do you need something?” “Rayne Annabelli don’t you dare act like you’re not thinkin about jack cheating on you with Mary Sancasz! Goddess you have to take your revenge on her sometime you know.” “I know Nellie but actually I wasn’t till you had to remind me that I’m single again now thanks a lot now I can be depressed all over again!” “Whatever Rayne. just tell me then what you were thinkn about!” “I was thinkin about you know what I was thinkn bout that okay so just drop the subject!” “Don’t lie to me Rayne but whatever, so do you know the full moon is Saturday right?” “Yes! I know it is and also it your first full moon as a werewolf right.” “Yea it is and I’m scared...” “ why are you scared I mean you don’t have a ceremony to go through before I can be ‘ officially female alpha’ its really stupid, and I can’t go through anything without my mate and I have till the end of march or the beginning of April to find my mate. Or they will take the pack away from me! I’m so scared!” “I don’t wanna lose the pack I love them their like my family.” “No they are my family.” I smile sadly. A knock on the door kills are conversation. “Creepy!” “Nellie you think everything is creepy!” I walk to the dresser and pop o y sunglasses so no one will see my eyes, run to the door open it and find myself face to chin (he was taller than me) with the most sexiest guy in the whole world yum! He had the prettiest blue eyes ever. Bluer than the Pacific Ocean. “Yea what can I do for you?” I mutter softly but loud enough for him to understand me because I’m distracted by his hotness. Hopefully he can’t see my bright big grey eyes it scares people. But he doesn’t seem to notice them (yes!).” yes I’m looking for Rayne Annabelli; oh you know you have a leaf in your hair right?” He asks that last part nonchalantly. “Yea well you’re looking at her you doufis.” Nellie yells from the kitchen. “Nellie shut your frigging face!” I yell at her. “Apologize Nellie Marie now you ungrateful slut!” I say halfhearted because she isn’t the slut of the family it’s me, or so I’m told. “Well I’m sorry that he is stupid!” “Hey Nellie maybe he didn’t know okay and its rude to call him stupid when we don’t even know his name!” “I’m so sorry about that, and yes I am Rayne Annabelli what can I do for you, oh and what is your name?” he smiles and I swear it’s like I’m seeing the ocean for the first time ever. “Okay good and I’m sorry that I didn’t know it’s you. And my name is Eli Kade nice to meet you” he grabs my hand and raises it to his lips and gives it a kiss. I blush really badly. “It’s nice to meet you.” I say softly. “ like I said what can I do for you?” I turn immediately on the defense when Nickolas one of the elders on the council against me becoming pack leader (I think). My were fangs slid out of their hiding place and I bared them at the elder. “You’re not on my packs turf now so you better watch yourself.” I growled at the intruder. “Don’t try anything funny now mister or its going to get ugly, very ugly.” Nellie says warningly. I turn to face Eli kade and then it clicks. “You’re his son aren’t you Eli and I can’t believe I thought you were cute!” I say like it’s the biggest insult he could ever give me. “You are both not welcome in my home so I ask you to please leave. Before I make you leave!” Eli smiles and it’s still kind of cute. “You think I’m cute?” “Thought is the operative word mister kade.” “ I’m sorry to disturb such flirting but I’m here on official elder business, miss ember you understand that if you do not find a mate before your times up correct?” at my nod he continues. “we have decided that we aren’t going to let nature take its course and just send you out on dates till you find a mate starting with my son Eli here, he will live with you because y'all are going to be married so you don’t have to look anymore because he is already here besides he is your betrothed. Anyway I really must be going tell a member of your pack to come get his things while Eli walks me back to my car, oh and Eli ill send some of the servants to bring your car to you next month goodbye for now future daughter in law.” “What in the hell did you just say you old geezer!” I yelled. “I know you heard me Rayne even if I was to whisper it you would have heard me don’t act deaf. Kids these days geez y’all all act stupid so you don’t have to accept something.” “Oh really so I suppose you can hear this then you stupid old geezer you disgust me!” “Don’t worry the feeling is mutual my dear.” He gets in his car and leaves.


The author's comments:
the title is a work in progress not finished with it yet tell me what you think and give me suggestions on the tittle.