The Boy With The Green Eyes

I first saw him in the hallway. He seemed to be grabbing books from his locker. I only knew his first name. Everything else about him was unknown to me. Curiosity was always there wanting to know more about the boy with the green eyes. We never spoke a word to each only the occasional glance in the school hallways. My heart use to beat uncontrollably when he passed me by. I would feel nervous standing anywhere near him. I always found myself thinking about him. It was crazy to know that my day was filled with thoughts of him. He didn’t even know I existed. I was just another person on this planet for him. The problem was that I couldn’t get any words out of my mouth. A simply Hello was hard to say. Days would go by and they turned into months. I still felt my heart stop when the boy with the green eyes looked at me in the hallways.
When the last day of school had arrived, everyone cheered with joy. Another year was over, another year done. As I walked down the school hallways for one last time that year, I saw the boy with the green eyes at his locker. My heart, like always, went crazy. We had shared glances all school year, but that day he smiled at me. I smiled back with butterflies attacking my stomach. I didn’t know what else to do. I kept walking with a feeling inside that I had never felt before. I wasn’t sure if it was happiness, joy, or love. But I never had the chance to find out, because that was the last time I saw the boy with the green eyes.