The hardest Choice | Teen Ink

The hardest Choice

By Tabitha1233 PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona
Tabitha1233 PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

I arrived at the hospital, weary and scared. My wife, my un-born child, my whole life was in danger, and there was nothing I could do for them. I felt useless, alone, and hurt. As the doctor walked out to the waiting room, I knew, I could see it in his face. “She’s critical.” He said as he walked towards me. “The baby, how’s the baby.” I asked. “She’s going into premature labor, if she has the baby she’s going to die, if she doesn’t the baby will die.” With eyes watering I asked, “Can I go see her?” “Of course.” He replied.
She smiled as I walked into the room, I took her hand and held it to my face, she was in pain, I could tell. “The baby, save the baby.” She whispered. “But I want you, I love you, please, Jen.” Tears were streaming down my face; she reached up and tried to wipe them away. “Please, Chris, I‘ve lived 22 years, and have had the joy of getting to know you, and love you. I want our daughter to live a good long life, please Chris. For Sophie. All I could do was nod. How could I choose between the two people I love the most in the world? An eerie noise coming from a machine interrupted my thoughts. “No, Jen, don’t leave me, please, Jen!”

Tabitha1233 PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

Thanks for the comment! :)

Tabitha1233 PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

Thank You so much for commenting!

Mahikan BRONZE said...
Mahikan BRONZE, Edmonton, Other

"A means to the end"

I really actually love this artical

Valery5 said...
Valery5, Riverside, California

"What's bad for your heart is good for your art."

why did u stop there keep going lol but that was great it was wow i cant explain how good that ending was

on Apr. 27 2013 at 10:52 am
Tabitha1233 PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

Thank you so much!

on Apr. 27 2013 at 10:48 am
Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Wow.....I can't even imagine....great job with this!

LivelyJade SILVER, Mtn. Grove, Missouri

The beautiful thing about writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon. ~Robert Cormier

You're welcome!

on Apr. 14 2013 at 12:29 am
Tabitha1233 PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

Thank You!

LivelyJade SILVER, Mtn. Grove, Missouri

That. Was. Beatiful.  No other words to describe it. :)