Haircut | Teen Ink

Haircut

By ginger1993 GOLD, Colorado Springs, Colorado
ginger1993 GOLD, Colorado Springs, Colorado

She grabbed the shaver off the counter and forcefully plugged it in. her eyes were filled with tears but none of them fall. She was trying to be strong for me and her but I knew Amy wanted to cry. I pressed a kiss to her forehead.
“I understand if you want to break up with me,” her voice muffled against my chest and I pulled her back. “I understand Connor,”
I narrowed my eyes. “What are you talking about? I’m not going to leave you, Amy.”
“Why? There are plenty girls out in the world for you, but you’re stuck with me. Why don’t you just go find someone who won’t leave you?”
“Stop it,” I took her by her shoulder, lightly shaking her so she would stop talking. why couldn’t she realize I wasn’t going anywhere? Did she really expect me to leave her because she’s sick? “I’m not going to leave you.”
Her shoulders began to tremble and I pulled her close to my chest. Her warm body against mine felt right at the moment. She belonged in my arms. My fingers brushed through her long brown hair, a piece of her that wouldn’t be here for much longer. Still holding on to her, I reached around her corner to take the shaver and turn it on.
Amy pulled back. “Connor, what are you doing?”
“I’m giving myself a hair cut,” I smirked at her. I placed the shaver on the front part of my hair then eased it carefully, until there is nothing left. Amy watches in shock, her beautiful blue eyes just starring at me as if I’m a crazy person.
“There,” I said satisfied with my new buzz head. “What do you think?”
She wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me closer and I kiss her lips tenderly. Every inch of my being tried not to hug her too hard, so I wouldn’t leave a bruise. I rubbed her back as her tears soaked up my gray shirt. If I never took a chance of my next store neighbor this summer or took a chance to get to know her like I did before I turned into a jerk, Amy and I would never be able to spend our amount of time left we had together. I’m holding onto every single moment now with her. She’s my other half.
“Your shirt is soaked,” she mumbled. “Sorry,”
I shrugged a shoulder. “Don’t worry about it. Are you alright? You don’t have to do this Amy,”
“I want too,” she wiped her cheeks. Her hand snatches the shaver out of my hands and before I knew it, her beautiful honey colored hair covers the tile floor.she sets the razor down onto the counter. It takes a while for her to glance up in the mirror but, when she does Amy smiles smiling brightly. Our new haircuts starring back at us. We didn’t look so appalling. Actually, I kind of found her more beautiful than ever. I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her forehead bringing her closer to me. I never want to let her go. Not now…not ever.
“Hey,” she says.
“Yes?”
She kisses me on the lips. “My mom is going to freak when she sees me.”
“Well, I think we look great, Ames. Our hair will grow back. However, now matter what happens I’m going to be by your side. I love you, Amy, until the end.”
She smiles kissing me again. “I love you, too. Now let’s clean this mess up before my mom comes home.” she squeezes my hand cordially. “Thank you, Connor.”
I smile and kiss her forehead.