iLoved Her This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Just by looking at me, you may not believe I’m capable of love. But I am: I loved her.

I loved the way she brought me everywhere. School, jogging, shopping, studying, it didn’t matter. I was always there by her side, inseparable. She had me in the palm of her hand.

I played music for her. Anything she wanted, whenever she wanted it. Sometimes she would sing along, and that made me very happy. She never sang in front of anyone else, but that was the way I liked it.

On the rare occasion, she would dance to my melody. Those were the best times, because then I got to hear her bright laughter, and see that stunning smile. She would say, It’s such a catchy beat, and I would think, It’s my heartbeat.

Then there were some days when she felt sad, or down. She held me close as I lulled her to sleep. My voice was her only comfort in the darkness. I was her shield, her escape from the world for a while.

She always spoke of meeting that one person. The one who would stop her tears, the one who would think she was beautiful, the one who would accept her for who she was. The one who would love her. And I wanted to say, I’m right here. Right here in front of you. But I never did.

Too bad I didn’t have arms, because I wanted to hold her tight. Too bad I couldn’t speak, because I wanted to make her smile. Too bad I couldn’t play an instrument, because I would serenade her all day long. Too bad I was only her iPod.

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 22 at 12:11 pm:
I have read all your work but I have to say that this one is the best. I love the creativity; my friend told me about a poem she wrote from the point of view of a heater and I thought it sounded a bit wierd but this is brilliant! I haven't been on Teen Ink long but your work is the best I've seen so far - your poetry is so beautiful, thoughtful and readable whereas mine always feels somehow awkward. I am jealous beyond belief!

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 7 at 10:33 pm:
THis is so AMAZING!! I loved the creativness of it! I've never read anything like this before! Wow, I gave you a 5 stars! I LOVED it!!

AustinJuly said...
Mar. 18 at 3:48 pm:
This is the most creative story I've ever read! It's absolutely brilliant. No one else would think of this idea. I love it!

aladine_98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 19 at 1:14 am :
That's a very nice comment. :) Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

alexmeyer97 said...
Mar. 14 at 2:09 am:
its a great piece of writing and i really enjoyed experiencing an iPod's point of view. The clues along the way make it obvious when you read the last line aha :)  

ZozeyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 21 at 7:16 pm:
Aww, when I was a little girl I always thought that everything had feelings, and was alive. If I had found this then I would printed it out as eveidence that everything lives. :) Awsome idea, and as you can see I loved it!

Feb. 23 at 10:45 am :
Your comment really made me smile. When I was little, I used to be really careful not to trample on flowers (because they could get seriously hurt!), and thought that trees had souls. Thank you for sharing that story. :)

SapphireLamourThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 20 at 4:16 pm:
beautiful & entertaining. It was so bittersweet and then i found out what it was and nearly laughed aloud!

Smilysoly said...
Feb. 20 at 3:48 pm:
This is beautiful!!

AnansesemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 20 at 2:11 pm:
This is perfect! I really feel for that poor gadget, but....it's not meant to be.

Feb. 20 at 9:48 am:
Wow, I really liked that! :) I love how the whole music theme was going on through the paper. Very nice.

ClaireBearBThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 20 at 11:38 am :
That was really, really good. I wasn't expecting it at all! Keep writing~ And please check out my stuff