Cloud 9

He said not to stand so close to the edge.
So, I didn't .
I walked in the middle of the road, the world stretching out in front.
But lost in his gaze I don't hear, I don't see, the truck. Barreling down.
It was gaining speed, when he took my hand.
He said we were kings, queens, royalty. I smiled.
He said to stop.
We waited.
The noise grew louder, a strangled cry.
He said he loved me and took my hand.
Then the truck hit.
I swear its bliss.
Like floating on Cloud 9

XCBVIA said...
today at 8:36 pm:
Liv, I have seen a lot of your stuff and you are a great writer. I can never do as good as you. I love this poem, but I actually expected the person to get out of the road. But that's you, LOL, you give us the unexpected outcome. Anyways, this is great! So is your other work. :) 5/5 from me.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 16 at 4:50 am:
And again, the poem is in the Fiction section....Did you do that intentionally? Or some TeenInk glitch?  By the way, awesome last two lines! So breathtaking... But the ending sure was really unexpected, I mean I just wasn't expecting that hahaha....And well, the theme I didn't get, I mean I suppose I'm probably real stupid not to get it, but truth is I didn't maybe if I read it more time I will, but still maybe you could tell me. Love always.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 15 at 6:07 pm:
Great poem, albeit it's in the fiction section. Great title. It totally drew me in. And that ending—wow! Was not expecting it. I felt the emotion and the suspense at the end. Had my attention all the way through. 

dagnytaggartThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 25 at 6:22 pm:
This was really good! This poem is so... free, I love how you write without any restraints - it can hold so much meaning to so many people because of that.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 3 at 7:16 pm:
Oh. Oh my god! This was absolutely amazing. I can not even put into words how perfect this is. Stunning. This is beautiful and I love this so much. You're such an AMAZING writer. I tried to put this into my favorites but it's saying there's an error right now. This will be in my favorites soon enough. You're great! Xx!

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 4 at 11:57 am :
thanks! your one of my favorites too!

JRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 27 at 10:02 am:
Oh my goodness! I love this, so so so good! Keep it up :)

ShadowpomgurlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 14 at 5:36 pm:
wow, omg, that was UNEXPECTED!!!! that was a super good piece..was it sposed to be a poem or a short story? either way, beautiful and poignant!