Party Planning and Secrets | Teen Ink

Party Planning and Secrets

January 22, 2013
By theteenager SILVER, -, Indiana
theteenager SILVER, -, Indiana
7 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
My quotes affect my life. That is why i have a different one each day.


The storm ended. Sunlight shined bright into Will's room,reflecting off his white sheets. I watched Will sleep. His hand near mine, sleeping peacefully. His skin glowed from the sunrays,outlining his features beautifully. His eyes flickered once and then he smiled eyes still shut.
"How long have you been watching me?" He touched mine.
"Not long. You look so cute when your sleeping." His eyes opened. His eyes shined bright with the sun. A blue-green sea color."No. I normally look like a troll."
I laughed, "What happened this time?"
His smile lit up,"I woke up next to you."
My stomach filled with butterflies and my face got hot. He spoke in a whisper,"Are you blushing?"
"N-no." It only made it worse.
Will started laughing, "Elizabeth Mariama you just stuttered and blushed." I laughed putting the pillow over my face,
"Don't use my own middle name."
He tried taking the pillow away from me."Why would you blush? You should know this already because I love you."
Still holding the pillow I answered, "When I'm with you,every part of me sets on fire."
I felt Will move closer."I get butterflies in my stomach when you smile at me," His hand touched mine. "And when you say things like that I can't help but blush." He took away the pillow,he was leaning over me staring into my eyes.He smiled and his eyes had sparkle in them. I wispered,"It's becuase I'm in love with you."

He didn't hesistate, he kissed me. I kissed back with equal intesity and pulled him down. His hand traveled up my body till it found my face. We rolled over so I was on top. I smiled,"I have to get ready." He hugged my waist, "You helping decorate for the ball?"
"Yeah Tomi is in charge and she is having guy trouble." Will played with my hair,"How are you feeling today?" I hadn't even thought of my back at all.
"I feel fine but I don't know how it looks." I climbed off the bed and walked to the full lengthed mirror. Turning around I say the guage, I could barely even touch it. Will walked up to me.
"Let me do it. My hands aren't shaking like yours." I put my face against his chest. He gently took away the guage.He breathed heavily,"Liz,it's gone.Completely."
I turned my head. There was not a trace of a cut ever being there. I smiled,"that is strange but good right?" Will smiled,"You should go get ready."

Will walked down to the kitchen.Styles had a cup of coffee in his hand and was flipping through the book."Did you find anything about what the man injected Liz with?" Styles shook his head. "There is nothing in the book with a neon yellow medicine. Did anything happen to her at all last night?" Will thought back,"yeah her wound healed completley. Not a single scar."
"We need to find that guy."

The place where the ball was going to be held was at the mayor's house. It was the fourth place biggest place in town, but still pretty huge. Tomi was helping the mayor set up when I arrived. "Thank god you are here." She hugged me."Everyone is bringing in the tables and decorations. You can go inside and I will be in there to help soon." She marked off things on her clip board.
Walking in I went to the ballroom. I remebered my parents dancing in here. Feeling so happy and alive.I loved them so much. That is why I wanted to decorate the ballroom. I found a box filled with decorations labeled ballroom and started.Just then my phone rang
"Hello?" It was Will.
"Hey it's me. Do you remember what the man looked like?"
"The one that gave me medicine, yeah. He was tall and broad like Derek,bald and he had a tatoo on his arm."
"Thanks, if you think of anything let us know."
"Wait are you guys going to look for that guy?"
There was long pause"Yeah,don't be mad."
"I'm not," I sighed," just let me know when you find him."

"So Cameron finally told me that he wants to be more then friends but I've been talking to Austin for the past three weeks and I still need a date for the ball and if I take Cameron then Austin will see but if I take Austin then Cameron will see.So I made a pros and cons list about the both of them and they are both equal and-"
"Tomi breathe." I said laughing. She breathed deeply and sighed,"I don't know what to do." I came off the ladder,"I know what you can do. You can hand me decorations." She rolled her eyes and handed me a glittery ball on string."I'm serious Liz. I don't know who to take to the ball." I thought for a moment,"Tomi you don't even need thoughs guys, they are both players and only want you for one thing. Hey, why don't you go with Styles?"
"Styles? Why?"
"Because he is cute and he is going alone.You should do it cause he is a good guy."
A moment later,"Okay only if he is up too it." I hoped off the ladder," I'll call and ask if you want me too?" She nodded,"just not near me." She walkd away smiling checking off things from her clipboard.
I walked out into the backyard that was huge, I couldn't tell how many acres it was. I pulled out my phone and texted Styles,"I found you a date if you want one. It's Tomi." He texted back,"Do I have too?" I called him,"Hello?"
"She is going through a boy crisis and I gave her the 'your the perfect guy' speech."
"Why not Will."
"I would have had her go with Will, but i'd have to rip her head off if she made a move on him."
"Buy dinner tonight and we have a deal."
"You have yourself a deal."

I breathed in the fresh air.The place was coming alive. I was getting excited for this despite the fact I had to go with Elijah and meet Allison. I walked back trying to find Tomi, when I stopped dead in my tracks. The mayor was talking to a man. He did a quick flash over everyone. His eyes connected to mine. My mind instantly moved to last night.
He climbed into my window.He gave me the medicine.What was he doing here?
He stopped talking to the mayor and went to meet another man. He was the one who delievered the package. They whispered in hushed voices.I so desperatly wanted to know what they were saying.

"Hey how is the decorating going?"Will sounded bored.
"It just took a turn for the worst." I ran my fingers through my hair.
"Why?What's wrong?" Will's concern made Styles become the same way.
"The guy who your looking for is here.He and the man who brought the invitation and dress to the house yeaterday."
"Okay.We are on our way.Stay away from them and I'll find you when I get there."

Quietly I snuck past them and into the ballroom. I desperatly wanted to know what they were talking about. The mayor. She would know,she talked to one.I rounded the corner and bumped into someone. "Oh Liz you startled me." It was the mayor."I wanted to find you anyway,remarkable job in the ballroom."I smiled "Oh thank you. I was actually looking for you too." A curious look took over her face
"And why is that?"
"The man you were talking too outside on the deck,who was he,may I ask?"
"Oh he and his partner are apart of the catering company I hired.Why?"
I tried to hide my confusion as best as possible,"Oh I just thought that I recognized him from somewhere. I thought tha-"
The mayor spoke alarmed all of a sudden,"He actually asked if there was a person by your last name attending the party."
My feet felt like they were going to fall beneath me,"What did you do?"
She smiled,"I pointed to you, of course.You must have not seen you were on your phone."
"Why did he ask you that?" She pondered her thoughts amoment.
"Oh he said he is new to town and that he is an ex-mythological hunter.How weird."
"Okay,nice talking to you Mrs.Grander."
I walked away as fast as I could."Oh Liz," Mrs.Grander called,"I hope you and your date have fun tomorrow night." I turned around,"Yeah Will and I will thank you."
She changed all of a sudden her voice didn't have the carisma it always had to it."No, You and Elijah."
I stepped a footstep closer,"I'm sorry I don't follow." She stepped closer too,"Yes you do,that man we just talked about told me you were going with him."
"Wha-? Do you even know Elijah?" There has to be an explanination to all of this.
Her smile turned wicked and getting close enough she grabbed my wrist,"No. All they said is that you better be there tomorrow night or your friends die."
I pulled away revealing a small brusie around my wrist.Rubbing it I spoke softly,"I'll be there.Even wearing the dress."She smiled satified and disappeared.

"What's the four-one-one?" Styles stood beside on one side of me, Will on the other. We stood on the balcony as we watched people bring in tables and chairs. Mrs.Grander was waving and shouting frantically,yelling at some guys for horse play. Will's thumb grazed the bruise,"you think she was really compulsed?" I looked at him,"Mrs. Grander wouldn't have done somthing like this and she knew about Elijah without actually knowing him." Styles stared hard out into the crowd."Guys, three o'clock."
The two men on the small bridge way in the back behind the party. Their eyes making contact with ours.
I spoke as I stared at them back,"the four-one-one is that were being stalked by them and we need a plan to figure out how they are working with Allison."
Styles laughed,"Yeah. Tell us something we don't know?" I nudged him with my shoulder."I know you guys have a plan already and I want in, so what is it."
Will wrapped his hand in mine,"Why don't we all act like we are helping out at the same time?"
I was getting annoyed. I wanted to be apart of the plan as much as possible and I knew he would try to put it off as much as possible.I grabbed each of their hands and pulled them around the side to the front of the house. A large white truck was filled with party supplies, we climbed inside and grabbed some boxes. I led them inside to an empty room that needed to be decorated still. "Okay while we decorate you can tell me what I'm going to do and when." I spoke with a serious tone.They looked at me with shock. "Okay there is a hidden please in there somewhere."
They didn't budge. I made a poutty face. Nothing.
"Okay fine. Just do me one thing and don't get hurt."
Styles interjected,"Since when do we get hurt? It's somehow seems to always be-" He stopped suddenly. I placed a center piece on a table then looked up,"It always ends up being me. Wait,is that why you won't tell me the plan?" Will avoided my eye contact and continued hanging up decorations. Styles stared at his box of decorations,"Well Im going to go talk to the mayor."
"What, why would you do that?"
"I want to know what she knows. See Liz you'll know our plan eventually, just in bits and pieces of it." Styles winked and then went out the door.

We worked in silence.Will was across the room putting gold sparkles on a table cloth. I didn't want to be mad at him more then he wanted to feel guilty. I walked over to him and touched his shoulder."It's okay with me."
He turn to face me,"What changed your mind?" I looked at the floor."Nothing changed my mind.I just decided to accept it. I just don't want you guys to get hurt because of me."
He stepped closer and rubbed my arms with his hands. he spoke with sympathy,"Hey, I'd get hurt anyday for you. And Styles told you the same thing. I love you and I'll always defend that." I hugged his body."I love you so much. If I lost you,I wouldn't be able to handle it."
"Hey dont think like that. Everything will be okay." He hugged me back.

The sound of running feet came and snapped me out of my happy moment. I looked up and saw Styles panting in the doorway."Hey. We should leave.Like now."
"Why?Whats wrong."Will spoke conserningly.
"Uh nothing really.I went and talked to the mayor to see if she was compulsed and turns out she wasn't. Anymore."
I looked at both of them,"What do you mean? How is that bad?"
Styles let out a nervous laugh,"I kinda threatened her and she is calling security. So let's leave now!!!!!"
We all laughed, I grabbed my bag and we left for the night.
As we ran to the car Styles reminded me of one last thing,"Oh yeah,Liz,"
"What?"
"Your paying for dinner."


The author's comments:
continuing after The Protection Program.