Day of June | Teen Ink

Day of June

By deadsoul349 SILVER, Groesbeck, Texas
deadsoul349 SILVER, Groesbeck, Texas

Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving. ~ Kahlil Gibran

I wake up, not alone, but with her beside me. I don’t move or make a sound, I just watch as she sleeps. She opened her eyes and we both are smiling at each other, exchanging the words, “Good morning.” I just wrap my arm around her, I pull her close to me. She snuggles her head into my chest.

“I can hear your heart beat.” she tells me.

“Well, it beats for you only.” I tell her.

She looks up at me, and look down. We smile, and she kisses me. “Today, we are going out.” I tell her.

“Where to?” she asks.

“On a date, we should have one. I’ve been planning for a while.” I tell her while sliding a shirt over my body.

“Okay?” she says.

As I get dressed, she readies herself in the bathroom. I grab my wallet, and put in my pocket. I grab a blue plaid shirt, and put it over my shirt. Then I open a drawer up, pulling something out of it, that I put in my shirt pocket. I grab my car keys and get the car started.

I sit in the car, plugging my iPod into the car. As I wait for her to come, I turn it to the playlist of songs I made for her. I watch the door to the house open, and notice how beautiful she looks. I get out of the car, and walk up to her. I grab her arm, by wrapping my arm around her, and I walk her to the car. I open the door for her, and watch as she take a seat inside. I close the door and walk back to the drivers side of the car. I sit myself down in the car, and just smile. I turn the radio up on the first song it plays, which is “Can’t Help Falling In Love”, by “Elvis Presley.”

She just looked at me and smiles. “What’s the special occasion?” she says while smiling.

I start singing the song to her, “But I can’t help, falling in love with you.”

She laughs and says to me, “No, but really. What is the occasion?”

“Well, I think you deserve a special day. I want to show you how much you truly mean to me, I’m not sure how to say it. Let’s just see how the day goes.” I tell her while smiling.

I put the car into drive, and I pull out of the driveway onto the road. I see her looking out of the window as I drive down the road, so I sing the song to her again, “ For I can’t help, falling in love with you.” She turns her head, and smiles at me.

“So where are we going?” she asks.

“You’ll see when we get there.” I tell her while smiling.

We listen to the next song come on, “Angel” by “Aerosmith.” Why are you taking me out again?” she asks.

“Because, babe you are my angel! Come and save me tonight.” I sing to her while smiling. She gives me a soft punch in my arm.

Time passes by. “We’re here.” I told her pulling into the parking lot of a restaurant .

I watched as her eyes widened. “Grandy’s?” she said while smiling. “You going to take me to the movies as well?” she asked.

“Well I was planning on it.” I told her.

I watched her face light up with happiness. I sat her down at a table. “So will it be the chicken nuggets for you again?” I asked her.

“Yes, please.” she said.

“What for the drink?” I asked while smiling.

“7-Up, please.” she said while smiling.

I went, and ordered the food. I stood up there and waited as they cooked it. I filled my soda up with “Coca-Cola”, and I filled hers with “7-Up.” I came back to the table, and sat the food down in front of her.

“I’m not eating if you’re not.” she said to me.

“It’s for both of us, last time you didn’t finish all of it.” I told her while laughing.

“Oh, okay.” she told me. I could see her eyes watering up. I leaned forward for a kiss.

“Come on, Love. Eat up.” I said.

We chowed down on the food, and we drank all of our soda. I stood up from the table, then stood behind her. She stood up as I pulled the chair from her, then I pushed it back in as she walked beside me. I grabbed her arm, then loaded her in the car. When I got in, and turned the car on. We heard the radio, “I won’t hesitate no more, no more, it cannot wait, I’m yours.”

I turned my head towards her, and smiled. I pulled out of the restaurant, and drove to the mall. When I parked, I quickly got out of the car, and ran to the passenger door to help her out. “You are being unusual today. Are you sure that you are okay?” she asked.

“Yes, I am positive.” I said to her while smiling. We walked into the mall, and heard a song playing. “You had me at hello.” was the lyrics it told us. “Come on, let’s go get some movie tickets.” I told her while smiling.

“What movie are we watching?” she asked.

“You’ll see.” I told her. We walking up to the lady selling the movie tickets.

“May I help you?” the woman asked.

“Yes, two tickets for “Men In Black 3” please.” I asked her.

“Babe, I don’t think they are playing that movie anymore. It’s old.” she said.

“Here you go, Men In Black, starts at seven.” the woman told us, while handing us tickets.

I grabbed the tickets, and checked the time on my phone. “Come on, we have thirty minutes until this movie starts. Let’s go walk.” I told her.

“I close my eyes, and smile, knowing that everything is alright.” were the lyrics coming out to a song as we walked. I reached my hand for hers, and grabbed it tightly. I turned my head towards her, and stared into her eyes.

“How did you get tickets to that movie? It’s been a year. They should not be there.” she said.

“Love, just try and have a good time, okay?” I said.

Time passed, and we walked into the theaters. We walked into the room where “Men In Black 3” was the movie playing. She noticed that we were the only two people in the room. We walked all the way to the back, left corner, and took a seat. When the movie started, she snuggled her head into my chest. I laid my head on top of hers, messing up her hair. Halfway through the movie, I turned towards her. I grabbed her face then kissed her. I got something for you.” I told her while smiling.

“What is it?” she asked. I pulled out a little, golden bracelet from my pants pocket. She grabs it, and takes a look at it. “It looked just like the other one.” she said with a tear running down her face.

“That’s because they are both the same.” I told her.

She grabbed my head, and kissed me. I kissed her back. I held her in my arms as I kiss her. When the movie ends, we still sit in the theater. We start listening to the songs, “You and I” by “Ingrid Michaelson”, “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing” by “Aerosmith”, “You and Me” by “Life House”, “I’ll Be” by Edwin McCain”, and “Amazed” by “Lonestar.”

We got into the car, and started going back to the house. It was dark outside. We drove the back way home, while listening to “Snow Patrol” in the car, “If I lay here. If I just lay here. Would you lie with me, and just forget the world.”

Time passed, and we found ourself on a dirt road. I pulled the car over, and turned the headlights on bright. “Come on, let’s get out.” I told her.

“What? Why?” she said.

“Just come on.” I told her.

She opened the door to the car, and walked in front of the headlights. I grabbed my iPod then picked a song out. I turned the volume up as loud as it could go and I ran out of the car. “Let me be your hero.” I told her. I grabbed her hand, and wrapped my arm around her waist, then I danced with her.

As we danced, we sang the lyrics to each other. When the instrumental part of the song came on, I stopped dancing with her. I reached into my shirt pocket, and pulled something out. I kneeled down on one of my knees, and looked up at her. “I don’t think telling you that I love you everyday is enough. I need to show you. You make me the most happiest guy in the world, and I want to do the same for you. Would you marry me, Nayeli?” I asked her.

Tears bursted out of her eyes, and she kept telling me yes. I stood up, and held her. I kissed her and finished the dance with her. “I will stand by you forever.” I told her.